What to use to fill scratches on left engine case again?

yaminator

roll, roll me away
Reaction score
Visit site
I thought I saw a thread somewhere but the search didn't find all the answers. With the rash on my left case cover, is there something hi-temp that can fill it and be sanded? Yeah I "added" to the rash today, accidentally dropped her on this gnarly asphalt on Angeles Crest. Sorry for any redundancy. It's silver, is there such a thing as Yamaha silver paint for it, or should I just try to get very close to the silver color with hi-temp engine paint? Thanks, and you can just put a link up if this is all covered already.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I thought I saw a thread somewhere but the search didn't find all the answers. With the rash on my left case cover, is there something hi-temp that can fill it and be sanded? Yeah I "added" to the rash today, accidentally dropped her on this gnarly asphalt on Angeles Crest. Sorry for any redundancy. It's silver, is there such a thing as Yamaha silver paint for it, or should I just try to get very close to the silver color with hi-temp engine paint? Thanks, and you can just put a link up if this is all covered already.

Here ya go:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/how-tos/14369-crank-case-scuffs.html

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
USC All Metal is body filler like bondo but is composed of mostly aluminum. It has excellent adhesion. Literature doesn't say anything about sustain temps of 180 225F. However body panels in the sun can reach 170F.

Here is some info: http://uschem.com/products/docs/TDS_ALL-METAL.pdf How to prep, apply, fill and finish.

Good luck and sorry about your drop!

yaminator

roll, roll me away
Reaction score
Visit site
Just saw the post about ALL METAL. This stuff sounds just right for metal repairs where the temp isn't a factor, and even plastic areas that need more support and strength too. Thx