What to know before to buy

airoh69

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

I am looking to buy a bike.
I have downed my search into 2 bikes.
One is a 2008 Yamaha FZ6n with ABS no fairings and the other is a 2008 Honda cb600 (hornet) with ABS.

I am getting close of getting the Yamaha as it has only 12000km on it and the previous owner is my bestman :p so i know that the bike is in perfect condition.

I am kind of a new rider as i drove a 600cc bike only a few times so i would gladly appreciate your thoughts on which to buy.

ohgood

Reaction score
Visit site
Brand new line of helmets have high quality and very competitive pricing.

More...

If you like wind, get the honda. If you prefer less wind, the fz.

Miles don't mean anything to either of the bikes.

Be careful, new rider: the power is surprisingly different above 7000 rpm.

Iron Cross

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea you're ganna feel the wind on both of them (naked means no front fairing, just headlight). They're both 6's and both have ABS. Seeing as most people wont let you ride one before you buy it I can't really tell you which is more twitchy or easier to handle myself. But I guess just see which one has the more comfortable riding position for you....makes a biiig difference when your comfortable.

Oh and color...gotta love the way you look!

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
they are both great bikes honestly, the honda being slightly more powerful but in everyday conditions you wont feel it. what i have found tho is that the fz has a better pillion seat than the honda which tapers at the back. (there are aftermarket versions for both to improve the comfort - but stock the yam is a bit better) riding postions are very similar and so is the seat height, very close to each other. i prefer the yam for looks tho, the frame is a work of art compared to the backbone thing of the honda.

if its your bestman's bike and you know how he took care of it i wouldnt bat an eyelid and get the yam, since you have added peace of mind of knowing its history and the owner

airoh69

Reaction score
Visit site
The bike was first bought by a guy who actually works in Yamaha shop. He had it for 3 years but only used it for couple of months and did only 8k Km. After that my best-man bought it and used it for 1 year. The bike has never fallen or seen any misuse. Now it has only 12k KM.

I have driven the bike and i have driven my cousins hornet. They are both similar although i feel little bit more comfortable with the Yamaha as the ride position is little bit higher. For the looks thought i prefer the Hornet.
I am not going to be using the bike for wheelies or burnouts. Just everyday use and some urban trips so power doesn't really matter for me.
Also i will get it at a bargain price (around 1000 Eur less than others) so i prob go with the Yamaha. Will let you go in a few days :p

CanberraFZ6Nrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Buy the FZ...I had the same dilema when I was thinking of buying a bike I had the choice of a new Hornet and a new FZ...the Yamaha engine and responsiveness did it for me and the looks....I've had it for 2 years now and I havent looked back...just fitted myself a set of CF Scorpions and a screen...sounds awesome!!!:thumbup:

airoh69

Reaction score
Visit site
Being long to reply here. Well i drove the FZ6 and decided to get it. Attached is an actual pic of the bike. Comments are welcome