What to do with an annoying neighbour..

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Not to get too off-topic but we actually have pretty broad freedom of speech (and everything else) compared to much of Europe, from what I can tell.

As to the actual topic...who you gonna listen to OP, an experienced cop, or some random folks on the web?

Retired since 2007, slightly over 25 years.. Field trained new Officers a good part of that time. And it is very true, I did teach my guys to handle every case as if it was the worse case scenerio. They needed to go home at the end of their shift. I hated cop funerals.

Bdevries, please post how it works out for you. It wouldn't hurt to have a plan "B" if you park your bike out there and she knows its yours and it DOESN'T work out ... "Champ" doesn't have to deal with that, YOU do...

Seriously, good luck...

Last edited:

bdevries

Reaction score
Visit site
wow this thread grew since I was here last. I'm back in my hometown for the weekend so I don't have to listen to a POS subaru in the middle of the night. As for the suggestions, I agree that talking to someone can work out most situations. However, with people like this(and my building is pretty sketchy - recent graduate, only got money for a bike!) I'd rather remain anonymous because i don't want my bike or car vandalized. If she does it on Monday night when I go home, I'll call the police. Hopefully she'll feel stupid when the cop asks her what is going on inside her head thats making her rev her car for hours and drive around the area aimlessly. She's not speeding, but she just revs in one spot, moves to the other end of the parking lot, revs so more.. and continues..

ps.. I've seen her a few times and she probably weighs as much as an fz6..soooo... enough with the bring 'er home jokes hahaha

I'll keep ya'll posted as to what happens next week

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
wow this thread grew since I was here last. I'm back in my hometown for the weekend so I don't have to listen to a POS subaru in the middle of the night. As for the suggestions, I agree that talking to someone can work out most situations. However, with people like this(and my building is pretty sketchy - recent graduate, only got money for a bike!) I'd rather remain anonymous because i don't want my bike or car vandalized. If she does it on Monday night when I go home, I'll call the police. Hopefully she'll feel stupid when the cop asks her what is going on inside her head thats making her rev her car for hours and drive around the area aimlessly. She's not speeding, but she just revs in one spot, moves to the other end of the parking lot, revs so more.. and continues..

ps.. I've seen her a few times and she probably weighs as much as an fz6..soooo... enough with the bring 'er home jokes hahaha

I'll keep ya'll posted as to what happens next week

Too big to take home.
Too sketchy to talk to.
Clearly non-emergency so good luck getting a cop to respond.
That just leaves the potatoes I guess. :D j/k

bdevries

Reaction score
Visit site
Too big to take home.
Too sketchy to talk to.
Clearly non-emergency so good luck getting a cop to respond.
That just leaves the potatoes I guess. :D j/k

hahaha I guess so! I thought about putting a note in the elevators politely asking the person who revs the old beat up subaru legacy to stop revving their engine. That way EVRYONE sees it including her

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hahaha I guess so! I thought about putting a note in the elevators politely asking the person who revs the old beat up subaru legacy to stop revving their engine. That way EVRYONE sees it including her
Or instead of the just one note, and there....
post-it-car.jpg

bdevries

Reaction score
Visit site
Strangely, it hasn't been her in the car lately. Its her boyfriend or husband doing the EXACT SAME THING!

Hes parking the car a few lots down in a coffee shop parking lot at night and walking over. So the other day I said out my window 'its just a Subaru buddy' when he was walking up the driveway(couldn't see me, it was dark) and then he started calling me out for a fight about it haha. So I just proceeded to recommend a mechanic to fix his muffler because it sounds like a lawnmower.

A few days ago he was sitting at the base of the building revving it like crazy so i just yelled shut up out the window. My neighbour (6th floor, one below me) came out on his balcony as well looking to see who was down there and when I asked if he knew the guy, he said "ya, its my neighbour. He's a bouncer and his gf is a stripper. You don't want him to know who you are."...so..now that I've heard that, I don't think Ill say more.. for all I know, those two could be best friends and this guy just could have been bad talking him to see what id say.

I don't want the guy to know who I am and about the bike down in the garage.. that could get ugly and it's a game I don't wanna play!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Strangely, it hasn't been her in the car lately. Its her boyfriend or husband doing the EXACT SAME THING!

Hes parking the car a few lots down in a coffee shop parking lot at night and walking over. So the other day I said out my window 'its just a Subaru buddy' when he was walking up the driveway(couldn't see me, it was dark) and then he started calling me out for a fight about it haha. So I just proceeded to recommend a mechanic to fix his muffler because it sounds like a lawnmower.

A few days ago he was sitting at the base of the building revving it like crazy so i just yelled shut up out the window. My neighbour (6th floor, one below me) came out on his balcony as well looking to see who was down there and when I asked if he knew the guy, he said "ya, its my neighbour. He's a bouncer and his gf is a stripper. You don't want him to know who you are."...so..now that I've heard that, I don't think Ill say more.. for all I know, those two could be best friends and this guy just could have been bad talking him to see what id say.

I don't want the guy to know who I am and about the bike down in the garage.. that could get ugly and it's a game I don't wanna play!

Thanks for the update, that's what I figured...

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It hasn't been as repetitive as it was before, maybe she likes the sound better than he does? But if it were to continue the way it was(every evening and late at night) I figure I'll just call the police for disturbance of peace.

Good idea, if she's a stripper and he a bouncer, I'd strongly suspect drugs (and trouble).

Glad you didn't make yourself known...:thumbup:

Champ1978

Reaction score
Visit site
I hope not! His neighbour knows who I am though. Hopefully it stops there!

So you are a young guy just with an opportunity to get on good terms with a stripper, who undoubtedly knows more strippers, and a bouncer who undoubtedly has easy access to some club...

I guessing you have zero interest in being into the party scene, which is neither here nor there (am not into partying myself). I am just amused that you are frightened by a situation that some people would find favorable.

bdevries

Reaction score
Visit site
So you are a young guy just with an opportunity to get on good terms with a stripper, who undoubtedly knows more strippers, and a bouncer who undoubtedly has easy access to some club...

I guessing you have zero interest in being into the party scene, which is neither here nor there (am not into partying myself). I am just amused that you are frightened by a situation that some people would find favorable.

Hahahahahaha it didn't even cross my mind! But no, I'm not into strippers at all. Not to derail the thread but I prefer when a girl is into me out of her own free will, not because it's her job:rockon: