What the kids got....

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I took the family to Cycle Gear sunday for gear. The kids asked why they were getting gear when it's so cold out....Santa gave them the answer!

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You are Awesome! what a great Dad! I had a Flying O skooter like the one you got your kids when I was thier age. that thing would not Die! I put 3 different engines on it through the ten year span I owned it making it faster. If they act interested its a good way to teach them some mechanical facts and show em how it a works. excelent choice of gift on your part! :rockon: :rockon:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My fiance's son has no fear and after a little instruction he was on his way. I had him doing circles and figure 8's in the first 10min he was on it! I took video on my phone, but I cant post it..too big I guess. I thought I would need foot pegs closer to the seat, but he was doing fine with where the stock ones are at.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments! At 37, I waited 18 years to get a bike. I didnt want my kids to wait that long.

EDIT: Figured it out...Thanks Erci![ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DAtxUSwoCU"]video 2012 12 25 16 08 52 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
Very cool!! If you don't mind me asking, how old is he? I bought my son a dirt bike last spring, and although my wife thought he was too young he took to it like a fish in water, trying to get it off the ground after 30 minutes or so. From the video it looks like he's a good bit younger then my son was, but still it looks like he's doing a great job so far ! :thumbup:

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
how old is he?

I would also like to know. My gf's boys look to be about that age, so I think you gave me an idea for their next Christmas! We will of course have to work on getting rid of their training wheels on their pedal bikes first! :spank:

Kudos for getting him started early!! :thumbup:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very cool!! If you don't mind me asking, how old is he? I bought my son a dirt bike last spring, and although my wife thought he was too young he took to it like a fish in water, trying to get it off the ground after 30 minutes or so. From the video it looks like he's a good bit younger then my son was, but still it looks like he's doing a great job so far ! :thumbup:

He's 7, turning 8 in feb. Nate is small for his age but that doesn't stop him. Funny, a sticker on the bike says "minimum age 16 to operate. Adult supervision if younger":eek::confused:

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
OK, then you need to watch out!! My son turns 9 next month, so they're a year apart. He'll be doing wheelies before you know it and asking you to build him jumps in the front yard!!

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OK, then you need to watch out!! My son turns 9 next month, so they're a year apart. He'll be doing wheelies before you know it and asking you to build him jumps in the front yard!!

My fiancé told me he solo'd on a bmx bike at 4....
When she and I started dating, he was jumping ramp to ramp on those small plastic skate board ramps! That was 2 years ago....so yeah, I'm in for A LOT of grey hairs!