What temp do you run??

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If it's 60 degrees or below, on the highway I run 165-167. Highway 75-80 degrees I'll run about 180. Highway 85+ deg, runs 190-199. Never really been on the highway and had it stay at 200 or more for more than a mile or so getting on the highway.

In the city or stop and go it might get up to 212 and then cools right back down to about 200 or so if I move a little bit. Never really sits above 210 for very long.

motocross1

Reaction score
Visit site
mine coolant is approx. 100 degrees more than outside temp... anyone heard of liquid ice? supposed to drop coolant temps about 20 deg.

craig007

Reaction score
Visit site
mine is the same 180-210. BTW I have never seen the radiator fan come on. Does anyone know when it is supposed to come on?

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine varies from 175 to 225. It definitely ran hotter when it was brand new. Fan has kicked on a few times for me.

I hope it didn't have anything to do with the jackasses at the dealer who decided not to fill the coolant reserve tank (and thought that the tire pressure should be about 15psi front and rear....and that loose brake calipers were a good idea....).

On my old Shadow I only heard the fan twice in 10K. Once when I first rode it home (before I switched to synthetic) and once on a 100 degree day when I rode the hell out of it intentionally to see if the fan even worked (it did - but I had to bounce of the rev limiter for 100 miles to get it hot enough).

That reminds me.....I know I've read this somewhere before, but it's ok to shut the bike off when the fan is still running? Logic says it won't get any hotter if the engine is off, but my last bike kept running even with the key out.