What Smart phone security package do you use?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is a bit of a follow on from Humps thread.
What security / anti-virus software do you use and why?
I use Net Quin.
Mainly because I don't know anything about this type of thing, and it was free with the old "Dog" [Dog = Dog & Bone = Phone] get it.

Nelly:thumbup:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah it seems a bit fuuny. Its not my PC but I use it as one,
Hopefully there is a monster free app out there.
Nelly

Alabusa

Rollin' on the river
Reaction score
Visit site
Why AVG mate?

nelly

Been using it for several years on desktop and laptop with not 1 single issue. The only trouble I had was getting renewal code to work last year. Customer service/tech support went above and beyond to help. Even sent me a back up disk($10) for free just in case.
In this day and time of piss poor customer service I guess I am just a loyal satisfied customer.

sent from Bama using tapatalk

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Been using it for several years on desktop and laptop with not 1 single issue. The only trouble I had was getting renewal code to work last year. Customer service/tech support went above and beyond to help. Even sent me a back up disk($10) for free just in case.
In this day and time of piss poor customer service I guess I am just a loyal satisfied customer.

sent from Bama using tapatalk
That sounds like a good recommendation.
nelly

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I used AVG for a few years and also had a problem with re newing, the I went to Tall Emu( yes really), but after getting a newish laptop last year just went Norton, they had a $20 cash back offer on a 3 pc deal, so split it with my son
So far never an issue..... fingers crossed

hk_fz6_05

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 AVG, used it for some time on laptop with success. Android app is good and no frills.

Full Throttle

Reaction score
Visit site
I use Avast on all my computers but cell phones don't need it. Just a waist of battery life. In the near future it may be needed but could be like a Mac and never need it.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I use Avast on all my computers but cell phones don't need it. Just a waist of battery life. In the near future it may be needed but could be like a Mac and never need it.
I also use Avast at home. I don't know much about this subject but if 'I use the internet on my phone to do my banking. Am I not still accessing the www to do it?
Or are the 3G and 4G NETWORKS a different entity altogether?

Nelly