What Rim Tape to get

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
I have no experience applying the tape with wheels off, so I can't comment on how much easier it is to do it that way, but I applied mine with wheels on the bike and really didn't think it was that difficult :don'tknow:

I was using the Proline tape, and the first time I tried it, it didn't work too well. The rear rim came out ok, but I blew it on the front, right when I was almost done. I took my time, and then realized there was section that was out of line, and it was all over, because I failed to turn the wheel and apply enough pressure on the tape at the same time. lol I tried again with the wheels off(had them off for new tires anyway), and it was MUCH faster and easier, and it came out perfect. It ended up taking not even 10 minutes for both wheels, and I wasn't rushing. If I had gotten the pre-curved ones, then I probably wouldn't have had any problems. I notice with wheel tape, it's always mixed reviews on application. Some fail(like I did) with the wheels on, others have zero problems. Oh well, it's on the moto, and looks great, that's all I care about. :D

dstaffx

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good think i will have a do myself.
did you do it with the wheels still on the bike?

Yes I left the wheels on the bike as I had the bike in the two paddock stands. I used the rim tape that comes in 4 sections not the roll type.