What oil filter should I get?

Huge difference how? I could probably search it and find it on here but just thought I would ask in case anyone had the same Q.

Well once I put AMSOIL filter and oil, the shifting got smoother, engine is little more quite and over all the bike runs very smooth. Maybe because I was using reqular oil and what not, but amsoil made it better. Do some research about amsoil and you will what am talking about. Better yet, buy it for your self and test it out. You will thank me for it...:thumbup:

Well once I put AMSOIL filter and oil, the shifting got smoother, engine is little more quite and over all the bike runs very smooth. Maybe because I was using reqular oil and what not, but amsoil made it better. Do some research about amsoil and you will what am talking about. Better yet, buy it for your self and test it out. You will thank me for it...:thumbup:

Thanks, I will have to do some research, I am still breaking in so I need to make sure I don't put synthetic in to early. With Amsiol are you letting your oil changes go longer or still doing it at factory recommended millage?

Walmart has two that fit. The are the Supertech ST7317 (longer one than stock - same size as the longer Purolator one) and ST6607 (same size as the stock filter).

They are both considered above-average filters in various tests.

Both are the same price (less than $3!)

They work great.

I use the ST6607 works fine

Think I'll just stick to Yamalube 20W-50 and a factory filter if available.

Thanks, I will have to do some research, I am still breaking in so I need to make sure I don't put synthetic in to early. With Amsiol are you letting your oil changes go longer or still doing it at factory recommended millage?

Funny thing you should ask. I have just changed it first time myself about 541 miles ago. Its my first oil change myself with top of the line oil and filter so I will monitor it very closely when it gets to 3000 miles or so. If you are using their oil and filter they guarantee twice the miles than recommended manufactur. I will have to put this to the test. Every 250 miles or so I keep checking oil dip stick and so far looks very clean. I am curios myself to see if I could get 6000 miles on a single oil change. But now that I know how to do it myself most likely i will change it at 3000k miles.

Doesnt the manual say 10w-40 for most all conditions? (i could be wrong though)

Yeah but it also states 20W-50 for 50 degrees or over and it stays at about 80 or more in Florida. Some days it hits 100 so I just want to be prepared.

I use Mobil 1 fully synthetic 10w30 with the Mobil1 M110 long filter. It has worked great for me :thumbup:

:scared: no I'm not starting another Oil/Filter thread here :eek:

BTW I was just reading my manual and it recommends 10w30 0r 20w40 for hotter temps. I have a 04 model. Is the 20w50 recommended in your manuals for another year model?

Back