• Maxima premium 4, Extra 4, Ultra 4,

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Castrol 4T, 1 gps, 1 Racing

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mate I would love to live in NZ :thumbup: Top roads down there. I flew into Christchurch & drove to Queenstown for some snowboarding & spent the entire trip wishing I was on a bike.

Sorry guys :hijack:

Hey, this is the Aussie section. Never be sorry for hijacking here...lol...just mention grog if you're feeling a bit guilty though...that usually soothes any ruffled feathers...LMAO:thumbup::D

Hey, this is the Aussie section. Never be sorry for hijacking here...lol...just mention grog if you're feeling a bit guilty though...that usually soothes any ruffled feathers...LMAO:thumbup::D

speaking of which.......it's saturday now....bring on the beers! i got a floor to strip!

:eek::rockon::cheer::spank::ban::D

Hey come on guys 3.30 in the morning and im thinking about starting drinking again, but alas no i think ill show some restrant. Ok south aussies where and how much are we paying for 7100????

Hey come on guys 3.30 in the morning and im thinking about starting drinking again, but alas no i think ill show some restrant. Ok south aussies where and how much are we paying for 7100????

Is about $90 for 4 litres at most places, but at the better shops, ie;maxi's, you can get it for about $70 for 4 litres.....

is worth the coin, if you spare it, but if not, the semi-synthetic 5100 is about $20 cheaper, and will serve you just as well!

If i had known you wre up and drinking Jules, i might of popped in for a quiet one on my way home from the hiiiiiiiiiiiighlandddddddder!

:iconbeer::iconbeer::iconbeer::iconbeer:

No just woke up had a dozen last night, but didnt quench the thirst. Im already running 5100 but as i mentioned it didnt fix any issues with my bike, so next change will step up to 7100, oil has only been in for maybe 500kms so not about to dump it just yet.

strange.
I was searchign this site yesterday for oil "stuff"

had to do a quick 5k oil change out at Dubbo yesterday.
dude at the yammy dealer there tried to get me to get Belray..

glad I didnt given that NO ONE has even ticked it.
kept saying that the ASBK Yamaha teams use it. I didnt believe him.]

Oh yeah..

Motul 5100

strange.
I was searchign this site yesterday for oil "stuff"

had to do a quick 5k oil change out at Dubbo yesterday.
dude at the yammy dealer there tried to get me to get Belray..

glad I didnt given that NO ONE has even ticked it.
kept saying that the ASBK Yamaha teams use it. I didnt believe him.]

Oh yeah..

Motul 5100

Bel-Ray make great chain lube......but i know that the YRT in Oz is sponsored by Yamalube...but the WSBK Yamaha team, uses Motul...

:rockon:

I tried Motul 5100, made a big difference with the "clunky" gear change :thumbup:
Now it's more of a "click".

Only done 2000 k's since i bought the bike, the guy said he'd done a change but I wanted to know it was fresh!

I used Motul as it was highly recommended to me......here :rockon:

This site has saved/helped me heaps, thanks to everyone who contributes.:hug:

Mac.

:aus: :aus:

Mine has lived on Motul 5100 from the beginning. Im hoping Yamaha hasnt been sticking it in my bike simply because its expensive as hell.

Mine has lived on Motul 5100 from the beginning. Im hoping Yamaha hasnt been sticking it in my bike simply because its expensive as hell.

Nope....Motul oil is the real deal....by lots of people's opinions, and a proven track record for quiet motor's, and smooth gear changes.

:thumbup:

Motul is top stuff! I use it in my Subaru STi, in the car spec equiv, and my Yammie dealer opts to use Motul over Yamalube and I was very impressed that they do that. The first service uses 3100 and they said they would put in 5100 after that.

What weight oil is everyone using?

I thought the correct weight was 10w40 but when I called my dealer to ask what weigh 5100 they chuck in my bike they said 10w50.

Also what is the likely difference between these two weights?

What weight oil is everyone using?

I thought the correct weight was 10w40 but when I called my dealer to ask what weigh 5100 they chuck in my bike they said 10w50.

Also what is the likely difference between these two weights?

The 10W50 just behaves better at warmer ambient temps really. So if your ambient temp is likely to exceed 40 degrees c then the 50 is the oil for you.:thumbup:

Cheers
Mike

Back