What is your bad habit on your bike?

jody.adams

Reaction score
Visit site
Missing the shift from 2nd to 3rd at 10 grand. Mr. Fizz doesn't like that. Still haven't learned to drop that foot all the way down to let the shifter reset.

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i dont know how much i would consider not stopping at a stop sign a bad habbit... maybe by a legal standpoint... but my theory is... if i KNOW for SURE that there are not cars coming, i dont stop. I can come to nearly a stop without putting my feet down, and i feel safer doing that and knowing i can gun it if possible, than i do having to come to a complete stop, putting both feet down and losing a split second of time if a car behind me wants to do a rollin stop into my license plate.

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
I tend to try to turn off my turn signals every 30 seconds, regardless of if its on or not. That and I like to overtake on the double yellows out in the boonies when on straightaways.

I also end up checking out the women on the road when I know i should be paying attention to other things.

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not really any bad habits here - except I think I look down at the speedometer too much if I am not following someone...

shamrocker

Reaction score
joshisingreenville.blogspot.com
i dont know how much i would consider not stopping at a stop sign a bad habbit... maybe by a legal standpoint... but my theory is... if i KNOW for SURE that there are not cars coming, i dont stop. I can come to nearly a stop without putting my feet down, and i feel safer doing that and knowing i can gun it if possible, than i do having to come to a complete stop, putting both feet down and losing a split second of time if a car behind me wants to do a rollin stop into my license plate.

I figure if I expect everyone to come to a complete stop in a car, I would be setting a bad precedent by not stopping on my bike, so every stop gets a foot ;)

My worst habit is no riding pants.

Aleziel

Reaction score
Visit site
totaly ignoring the concept of speed limits.
overtaking cars (not so much bad habbit, as just risky since car drivers are noobs)

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
I also do not think its a bad habit to do the two finger brake. In fact would say it is the safer way to go. Two fingers still give you a lot of braking power but can keep you from grabbing a handful in a panic.

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
1.) Reaching down and adjusting those dam pant legs flapping away in the breeze...realizing my riding pants are in the closet at home:(
2.) Getting so into the "ride", I forget I'm not the only one out there!
3.) Occasionally getting a 1/2 mile down the road only to realize I've not secured the chin strap!!
4.) Getting to the end of the on-ramp and being 25+ over the limit.

No real bad habits though:)

DaveOTZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd like to think that I don't have any unsafe habits.

One habit I have that annoys me but that I can't stop doing is canceling my turn indicator. I have this OCD compulsion to push it even when I know it's not on. I must push it a hundred times every time I'm on the bike, and I only have my turn indicator on a dozen or so times. I would love to hear that others have this problem and it's not just me.

+1 on the turn indicator... I want to hook up a clicker like on my old scooter...

I also never wear pants... but thats not a riding problem...

Roaddawg

Reaction score
Visit site
Eating a cheeseburger...ketchup blows all over my shield making it hard to dial on my cell phone.....oh, wait, that's those other idiots on the road!

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
Wearing my tinted visor everytime I ride. Riding at night in the rain is especially interesting.

Thinking im a trials rider & seeing how long I can keep my feet on the pegs whilst stationary at traffic lights. Silly I know. :(

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Forgive me Fizzer for I have sinned;
-No full stop unless other car at intersection.
-No riding pants
-No boots
-Speeding
-Too aggressive on some turns in the canyons
-Mismatched tires, getting that fixed soon.
-No forward facing signals, just flushies.
-Occasionally forgetting the key in the bike.
-Passing on double yellow lines.
-Forgetting signals ocasionallly.

And last, but not least,
Spending too much money on the bike.

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
Tapping my foot on the rear brake when listening to music :thumbup:

Gotta say I like that one. I dont tap my foot but I have been known to get into my ipod a little too much, bopping around on the bike.

On one occasion my brother pulled up behind me & asked if I had worms :D

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
One hand/no hand riding :spank:.....And swerving in and out of the cats eyes on the road :D.......Makes a straight road fun :thumbup:...................Ohh and taking aim at scrub turkey's and scaring the crap out of them :eek: :D.....Stupid birds...............

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Forgetting to do my helmet strap up...normally doesnt last long...i hear it slapping against my helmet, and pull over!

:eek: