What is a Naked Streetfighter?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, by regular I assume you mean FZ6S (the model with fairing).
Naked would be FZ6N (wasn't sold in the states, but it's possible to get all the parts to convert S to N):

146429_yamaha_fz6n.jpg

Streetfighter.. that's a bit different. Applies to pretty much any bike. Read this: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/4988-pictorial-introduction-streetfighters.html

FZ6_Black

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm new to riding so I've haven't riden alot of bikes. As far as drivablity, how much of a difference do fairings and windshield cut down on wind while driving?

Connerjw

Reaction score
Visit site
I just converted mine last on Monday and there is a noticeable increase in how much wind you feel. It really depends on what speeds you typically ride. In town you probably won't notice a big difference, but at 80 it's very noticeable.

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
I would consider the FZ6N a naked or standard bike. Personally I think the term street fighter should only be used for bikes that have been down and rebuilt without the fairings or using custom or aftermarket parts. Just makes sense to me- the bike fought the street and came out on top, albeit a bit more rugged and beat up than before. The motorcycle industry seems to call bikes that are technically "standards" street fighters because it is more appealing. My 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm new to riding so I've haven't riden alot of bikes. As far as drivablity, how much of a difference do fairings and windshield cut down on wind while driving?

At lower speeds (up to 60) and in warmer temperatures, I prefer naked bikes. Very clean air flow (no buffeting) and very quiet ride.
For colder temps (anything below 40) and at higher speeds (75-ish), you will feel a lot of wind.. still no buffeting, but you'll get cold much quicker.. fared bikes are better for this kind of riding, from my experience.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I would consider the FZ6N a naked or standard bike. Personally I think the term street fighter should only be used for bikes that have been down and rebuilt without the fairings or using custom or aftermarket parts. Just makes sense to me- the bike fought the street and came out on top, albeit a bit more rugged and beat up than before. The motorcycle industry seems to call bikes that are technically "standards" street fighters because it is more appealing. My 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldn't have been said better!!! IMHO there is no such thing as a "stock", "new" or "standard" streetfighter, streetfighters are all about customizing by minimizing.