What headlights will fit?

trougnouf

Reaction score
Visit site
Fitting a 1992 Suzuki GS500e headlight on my 2005 FZ6

I laid down my bike yesterday and the front is pretty much destroyed. I want to go naked and I want to know the different options available before ordering the FZ1N kit.
Did anyone try to fit the Aprilia Shiver 750 headlight? What about Ducati? Can you tell/link me your experience? I have seen dual Buell headlights on this forum but I would rather have only one headlight.
I figured something available in the USA like Ducati and Aprilia would be cheaper since the parts should be available here.

Here are the Aprilia headlight parts. OEM Motorparts - Aprilia - Shiver 750 - 2007 - Front lights I can't find any way to know if it will fit and what I should get. Should I just order everything and pray that it works?

Last edited:

trougnouf

Reaction score
Visit site
I just thought about my dead old 1992 Suzuki GS500e sitting in the backyard. I am trying to fit its round headlight, having a good time so far. I will let you know how it goes.

Last edited:

trougnouf

Reaction score
Visit site
I polished the poor thing with a sander and stainless steel polish, it did miracles (from rusty brown back to metallic colour).

It's getting dark and I have class soon so I will continue tomorrow.

The light plugs right in the low/high beam socket, so I plugged it into the high beam and the original switch actually lets me turn the light on/off (illegal and pointless but kind of cool).

As you can see in the old bike's picture, the headlight can hold all of the wirings so I won't have to worry about that.

The only problem I am encountering so far is where can I put the odometer now that I removed the big black bar that was holding the old headlight and fairing. Any idea?

I attached some pictures of the work in progress

Last edited:

trougnouf

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes you do :( I lend it to a friend for a few months and got it back today in this state (there's also a broken mirror just like on the FZ6, he paid me for the damages). Amazing considering the speed of a 50cc chinese scooter (about 35mph max), but at least I have my two wheels transportation back and it will be a relaxing way to recover from the crash.

Last edited:

trougnouf

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm done cleaning everything up. I put all of the cables inside of the headlight so it looks all clean and installed some cheap turn signals I bought a while ago on ebay when I planed to fix my old bike.

Then I noticed that I had the headlight upside down so I did everything over again.

I also put a cheap ebay H7 led light I purchased a while ago inside of the headlight unit, not the visible part but where all the cables are hidden. Hopefully it will turn the low beam into angel eyes, I have to wait until it gets dark to see the result.
Since the low beam is draining almost no power now, I will surely replace the high beam by a stronger 100w bulb or a hid kit if I keep this setup for a long time.

I still need 4 things before I can ride it; a new front tire (ordered the same Shinko Raven I have on right now from motorcycle superstore with some motul synthetic oil to get free shipping)

To get the headlight unit attached (it's not very stable right now), some longer cable ties will do the trick like on my old bike :D

A pair of mirrors that attaches to the handlebar. I really like the $300 rizoma mirrors but I need something cheaper, any advice? I'm not fan of the bar end mirrors that stick all at the end of our handlebar, and no round mirrors either.
The FZ6N mirrors would be perfect but they aren't available in the US.

and finally a way to hold the odometer (2005 round one). I am clueless on that one, once again any advice?

Last edited: