What gun would you buy/What gun should I buy?

PrayHarder

Keep on driving !
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,
I am looking at getting a new/new-to-me gun. And was wondering what gun I should get, or what gun you would get if you could get your perfect gun? I have several guns, so this gun doesn't have to fill any specific purpose(hunting/carying/protection, etc)

So what should I get ????

Ben

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
The "perfect" gun is a bit subjective since guns are as unique as the people who shoot them.

Depending on your tastes, and what you currently have, I would suggest something like a full size Glock 22 or any full size .40 S&W caliber.

If I were to go out and get the ultimate handgun, I'd probably buy a nice 1911 style .45 ACP from Kimber or Springfield Armory.

This will be my next gun purchase... a Kimber CDP Custom II

custom_cdp_2.jpg

Last edited:

PrayHarder

Keep on driving !
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The "perfect" gun is a bit subjective since guns are as unique as the people who shoot them.

Depending on your tastes, and what you currently have, I would suggest something like a full size Glock 22 or any full size .40 S&W caliber.

If I were to go out and get the ultimate handgun, I'd probably buy a nice 1911 style .45 ACP from Kimber or Springfield Armory.

I already have a Glock 22 and a Kimber .45 however it's a "Pro Carry" not a full size, and I have been thinking very heavily about the "GI" model of the Springfield Armory's 1911.

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A unique gun would be the FN five-seveN. Seems pretty neat.

I'm getting something in the next couple of months and am looking towards the XDm line from Springfield Armory.

Then I'm going to be looking for a 1911 in .45 ACP.

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
A lot of people may disagree, but people who carry guns everywhere they go scare me, good intentions or no. Maybe it's just because I live in Utah, but there are too many trigger happy paranoids on the street these days IMO...

I respect the right to bear arms and all that, but I don't feel like I need a gun everywhere I go to feel safe.

PrayHarder

Keep on driving !
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A lot of people may disagree, but people who carry guns everywhere they go scare me, good intentions or no. Maybe it's just because I live in Utah, but there are too many trigger happy paranoids on the street these days IMO...

I respect the right to bear arms and all that, but I don't feel like I need a gun everywhere I go to feel safe.

I do not feel that I need a gun to feel safe.

I enjoy collecting guns, shooting paper and hunting for meat. I do carry a gun sometimes, as there are a lot of bad guys out there and most of the time the have a gun.

There have been several home envasions around my part latley all of which the bad guy's had guns and started shooting.

But now I am just looking for a gun to shoot at paper, or maybe a historic military weapon.

Ben

PrayHarder

Keep on driving !
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A unique gun would be the FN five-seveN. Seems pretty neat.

I'm getting something in the next couple of months and am looking towards the XDm line from Springfield Armory.

Then I'm going to be looking for a 1911 in .45 ACP.

I have a FN FiveSeven as well, and I agree it is unique, and very cool. It is very nice to shoot. Only about half the recoil as a 9mm and about half the weight. Very nice for the Ladies to shoot.

I don't have an XD. I haven't made up my mind about them, they feel just a little odd in my hand.

Ben

PrayHarder

Keep on driving !
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
here is my vote, a gun that you can actually shoot at people...:

supersoaker.jpg

Yes, it would be very nice for the summer time around here when it's 105+

But I am not wanting to shoot at people.... :)

Although with a 2 year old, he might need to get into a few water fights this summer. :-D

Ben

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
What would you suggest? I have an old Beretta O/U, but it is about 40 years old...I do love shooting skeet...

Sounds lovely, so long as it is choked for it.

Keep in mind, I am spoiled with regards to shotguns. I have my grandfather's Browning Light 12 Auto and his 1934 L.C. Smith .410 double. (Sort of the Swiss watch of shotguns.)

If you want to get really competitive, get either a good double gun or an auto.

For fun shooting, a pump action is all you need.