What First mods?

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Frame sliders for sure, a K&N air filter is an easy mod that I found made a noticable difference. Definitely a FE kit.

Best first mod for any FZ6 is GET RID OF THE SWINGARM STICKERS!!! :D

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Look at other members signatures etc. You will get a lot of good ideas from there. Really depends on your budget

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What is the difference between the FZ6 & FZ1 bars? Frame sliders yes but how many do I need and what is no cut?

FZ1 bar is a flat drag bar (no rise) and has much less back-sweep than FZ6 bar. It uses same threaded inserts as FZ6 bar, so original bar ends can easily be transfered to it.

sleepymas

Reaction score
Visit site
yeah the fender is done, i will post pics of how i did it with the pieces i used, in the mods section, after i get home and take the pics. but basically just go to the lumbar section and get one of the 6 inch wide bent plates, and two 90 degree 1 inch wide pieces. drill holes paint and bolt up with existing bolts. changed turn signals and put an led tag light on also at same time.:thumbup:

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
This is what I have and for me worked really great, no more rist, back, neck pain.
The bar raisers are cheaper then FZ1 bar and the Crampbuster is cheaper then a pack of cigarretes.

Spideyrex

Reaction score
Visit site
I say frame sliders first, a necessity. Then number two would be proper springs and oil. That made a big difference for me (I weight 195lbs). much better handling with less nose dive.

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
Really? Most of the bar risers/bar backs I've seen are an upwards of $100. I've seen the FZ1 bar for $30. Where did you buy your bar risers, and for what price?

Actually you are right, I was thinking on the "convertibars" for the FZ1.
All I tought was when I was looking for a upright seating mode and the $250.00 price of the convertibars, the actuall FZ1 bars are like dturpen said on the $30.00ish.

I got the handlebar raisers for somewhere around $100.00 at twistedthrottle.com

Sorry about the misinformation. :spank: :ban:

REDHAWK22

aka willie
Reaction score
Visit site
Where again are you guys gettings or ordering those handlebar risers? How much again? It will surely help my short stature for a more comfy ride.....Pls. reply asap with all the info, thanks in advance. Oh, & pls. nothing too expensive...

cookies

Reaction score
Visit site
Im surprised noone mentioned painting the headers.. mine are painted flat black , looks REAL good, they have about 6k miles on them, and not one single ding or peel.. which is pretty amazing considering, however, i have NO idea what it was painted with.. but with my blue belly pan, and black headers the bike look pretty sweet.:Flip:

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
Where again are you guys gettings or ordering those handlebar risers? How much again? It will surely help my short stature for a more comfy ride.....Pls. reply asap with all the info, thanks in advance. Oh, & pls. nothing too expensive...

I got my handlebar risers from ebay. The risers I have just put the handlebars up 1.2" higher, but they aren't "barbacks", so they don't move the handlebars any closer to you horizontally. They are better for taller people.

I found this listing on ebay, which is exactly what I have.