• Laser

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • Scorpion

Votes: 22 11.1%

• Total voters
H

HavBlue

they have a fancy pants carbon fiber "supporting loop". :Flip:

Yup, they sure do and it looks like a hose clamp. Ya think they could have taken the time to build a hanger that resembled the factory hanger. Not for $600 or more. That would have been an extra $100 and required some real engineering. Better yet, why even bother using two cans when one would clearly have done the job as it does on other bikes in the 600cc class or even those in the litre class? The answer is easy, money. Why sell something for $400.00 when you can get 6 or 8? If I were getting rid of the clean factory gill I would go with one can right out the middle with a support that was welded on the can and bolted right to the factory mounting boss. Half the price, twice the support and beyond unique. I have no problem with the dual can except to say that hose clamp has got to go. It reminds me of something akin to high school auto shop.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
I love my Two Bros! I dare you to tell me these are not sexy! Dare you! :p

DSCF3826.JPG

DSCF3820.JPG

Philoz

Reaction score
Visit site
Going back to stock

Now here's a funny think I never thought I'd do. After 6 months of having Carbon Can Co (UK mfr) pipes on my bike, sounding gloriously throaty and loud, I have decided to bolt the originals back on. Not because I have to, but the because the FZ6 is such a rev-happy bike, for it to be ridden the way it should it draws way too much attention. As a result, I have been upchanging too early to keep the noise down and this isn't getting the best from the bike. I was stopped once by the cops on account of the pipes and breathalised. No harm done, but I'd prefer not to have their attentions. I also use the track, and as the stock exhaust doesn't slow things down, there's no tangible downside. Plus, there are plenty of proper sports bikes at the track without me trying to pretend I've got one too!

So I can totally understand why you'd change to an aftermarket pipe, but for me, I've decided to slip quietly through the night.

Cheers
Phil

PS. If any of the Ozzie boys are after some nice loud pipes, let me know by PM, or I'll post on ebay shortly.

Philoz

Reaction score
Visit site
Back to stock

Made the change tonight and I'd forgotten how much you drown out the engine with the after market exhaust note. I also found I am riding say at 6000rpm in 3rd, rather than 4000rpm in 4th, which the bike feels happier with. All personal choice at the end of the day :D

MrTurner

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Back to stock

Do the two brothers only come in the loud volume? Do they not have a DB killer? And, are they available in the UK? I must admit they look damn cool, but from the youtube clips I've watched, they seem too loud for what I need!

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site

I suspect that my Scorpion system is not as LOUD as the 2 Bros system, so you might want to consider the Scorp's as a "quieter" alternative. They also don't look too shabby at all on my FZ6.

Scorp1.jpg

The idle is a healthy "burble" that probably rivals the 2 Bros' sound, but I doubt that they are as persistently loud as the 2 Bros under acceleration to high rpm's. At cruising speeds, I'm not aware of any "extra" exhaust noise over the OEM's at all....but then, I'm ahead of the noise.

MrTurner

Reaction score
Visit site

I do like the scorpions, but what I like about the 2 bros and leovince is the end of the cone which makes it look like nothing else!

I'm suprised the likes of yoshi, akro, scorpion don't make a conical cone for the FZ.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site

I do like the scorpions, but what I like about the 2 bros and leovince is the end of the cone which makes it look like nothing else!

I'm suprised the likes of yoshi, akro, scorpion don't make a conical cone for the FZ.

I believe that Scorpion is currently testing a "conical cone" :D for their exhausts, and it should be offered as an option in the near future.

W

wrightme43

I like my stock one too. If I buy aftermarket it will either be the 4 pipe lazer or the scorpion cans in stainless.
Well I ordered the scorpion in carbon fiber today. So thats what I will have anyway. LOL

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Thats what i have......i removed the scorpion emblems off the sides of the cans so all you see is 2 big carbon cylinders hanging out.:Sport:

Good point re: the Scorpion decals on the carbon fiber cans.
When my new Scorpions arrived, I was a bit disappointed to discover that the Scorpion 'soft' plastic decals on each can were lifting off at the tops and bottoms. The Scorpions are oval, so the decals are bent around the side "edges" of the mufflers. Whatever adhesive they use for the decals can't hold it, as decals want to lift up go flat again.
In any event, I've found that as the cans go through heating/cooling cycles, I've found that pressing down on the warmed decals right after a ride has now formed the decals properly to the sides of my Scorpion cans and they're staying put. I did send an email to both the manufacturer and the supplier regarding this blemish on what is otherwise a quality product, but did not get a response from either.:confused:
I agree with jamesfz6 that it's a shame to cover up that luvverly carbon fiber, so the decals may eventually come off anyway.
There is a really nice, classy Scorpion logo stamped into the endcaps which really is quite enough....it doesn't need a flashy decal.