What does everybody do for a living??

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I work in the parts department for a local helicopter company here at MacCarran Airport in Las Vegas that mostly specializes in tours out to the Grand Canyon amongst other things. Some of the exciting duties include inventory control, shipping and receiving, ordering and sending out parts for repair so that all 18 helicopters remain in the air and not on the ground.

Before that, I worked for various music artist in two different compacities, not at the sametime. One: I was in charge of the artists merchandise, duties ranged from inventory control and settling with each venue throughout their concert tour, since everything was on consignment. Two: I was also a tour accountant, responsible for settleling on behalf of the aritst with each venue/promoters. In other words, making sure that we got paid! Some of the other repsonsiblites included ticket auditing (so we didn't get ripped off), per diem distribution, receipts, petty cash, etc., hotel bills, trucks, busses, payroll, etc.

Why did I quit? Got tired of traveling for 18 years, been just about everywhere. Great money but no benefits. What bands have I toured with? Metallica, Bruce Springsteen, Backstreet Boys, Ozzy Osbourne, Whitney Houston, Allman Brothers Band, Tony Hawk Boom Boom Huck Jam, Kiss, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jewel, Eric Clapton, Pantera, Slayer, Jimmy Buffet, small bands, big bands, bands you never heard of, the list goes on.

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
I fun this forum and its made me a billionaire.... LOL!!!

I am an engineer Currently working for E.M. Helil-Logistics Ltd rebuilding/repairing helicopters. I also take care of the companys IT needs.

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I work at a custom crush facility on the central coast. We process as much as 50,000 tons of fruit per vintage, mostly from Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, and Monterey Counties. At our facility, I am responsible for the wine bottled under the following labels: Sterling Vintners Collection, BV Coastal, Echelon, A by Acacia, Chalone Monterey, Edna Valley Vineyards, and some other more obscure brands.

It pays the bills :rockon:

Maverick

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, before going to college for ten years to become a doctor, (I couldn't make up my mind what I wanted to do) I spent six years in the USN. I was a navigator on the USS Racine. You know, I have been a doctor for 19 years now and I still haven't figured out what I want to be when I grow up!! Maybe, I just won't grow up!:Flip:

Too funny, I don't know what I want to be when I grow up either!

When I was young, I thought I wanted to be a ventriloquist...

F

FireMedic

Job

I am a Firefighter/Paramedic

Is there anyone from Florida on here???

I would love to do some more group rides. Some of the guys that I work with either have Harleys, too slow or on opposite shifts - would like to know if anyone here likes to have fun!!!:thumbup:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am responsible for the wine bottled under the following labels: ... and some other more obscure brands.

Would Barghetto happen to be one of them? Their Carignone is currently my absolute favorite, but I can't get it in Utard. :mad:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I work at a custom crush facility on the central coast. We process as much as 50,000 tons of fruit per vintage, mostly from Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, and Monterey Counties. At our facility, I am responsible for the wine bottled under the following labels: Sterling Vintners Collection, BV Coastal, Echelon, A by Acacia, Chalone Monterey, Edna Valley Vineyards, and some other more obscure brands.

Funny you mention that, Im looking to switch jobs and become a wine taster in your very region. Just PM me when the job come up. BTW I will require extensive on the job training lol

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, before going to college for ten years to become a doctor, (I couldn't make up my mind what I wanted to do) I spent six years in the USN. I was a navigator on the USS Racine. You know, I have been a doctor for 19 years now and I still haven't figured out what I want to be when I grow up!! Maybe, I just won't grow up!:Flip:
I am also a doctor and can't decide what I really want to do. I was a USN flight surgeon with a SAR squadron for 3 years and have been an ER doc for about 10 years now. It looks like no one is going to pay me to ride twisties 8 hours a day, so I guess I'll have to keep up the doctoring until I think of something else.

F250moto

Reaction score
Visit site
Awww man, I must be the only one. The guys who's loved when you need me and hated when you don't.

Police officer.

J

jsteinb95

Awww man, I must be the only one. The guys who's loved when you need me and hated when you don't.

Police officer.

lol..true...that is a very important job. My mom was a cop for 10 years, my step dad is a drug cop/sniper (28 years, I think) and my brother in-law has been a cop for about 4 years now. There's alot of crooked cops, but I'm assuming you're not one. :D Keep up the good work. Be safe.

How long have you been a cop?

Last edited by a moderator:

KenInSeattle

Reaction score
Visit site
I own Northwest Digital Multimedia Services. I provide Video Production Services, DJ Services, Karaoke Services and Multitrack Recording Services. I also provide independent A/R services for Northwest Record Labels. I've been in the music industry for 30 years.

F250moto

Reaction score
Visit site
lol..true...that is a very important job. My mom was a cop for 10 years, my step dad is a drug cop/sniper (28 years, I think) and my brother in-law has been a cop for about 4 years now. There's alot of crooked cops, but I'm assuming you're not one. :D Keep up the good work. Be safe.

How long have you been a cop?

I've been a cop for a little over 6 years now. I love it, it keeps me going.....

J

jsteinb95

I've been a cop for a little over 6 years now. I love it, it keeps me going.....

That's great. I don't think cops get paid enough to put their life on the line. What's your best "on duty" story?

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Police officer.

I was born and raised in Portland, and almost became a copper myself. Actually, did the whole testing, background, weeding out process with the state police. My initial testing group was around 800 applicants, and I made it down to the final 72, 36 were to be recruited. That's where I got axed. That was ten years ago. Guess it wasn't meant to be. Wasn't interested in city, or an any other municipal agencies either. State police or nada.

Bummer, it would have been real cool to ride those BMW bikes that the troopers use.

Hey, take it easy on the bikes!