What Do You Think Of This Mod?

fz6joker

Damn Hooligan
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I decided to change the looks of my fz6 (even though I love the way it looks) So first off I dropped the front suspension about an inch which gave it a slightly more aggressive look but it wasn't exactly what I wanted. The next step I decided to take was lifting the rear end a bit and giving it an even more aggressive look. I can give more details if anybody is interested.

Also with this mod I was forced to replace my mid pipe. It took me about twelve hours to (1) go to the store and buy a pipe (2) bend it, cut it, bend it, weld it together (3) finally paint it black with BBQ spray paint and then fit everything back in to the bike.

I'll post pics and if anybody has questions I'll answer them as they come.
I'm interested in what other FZ6 owners think so post your opions whatever they may be.

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site
To be honest, I don't care for it, but hay, who am I.

You do know that the handling will be totally different, dropping the forks makes for tighter steering, not sure what raising the back end will do. Careful on the endoes.:(

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Quite interesting! Good job actually trying things out!

I personally don`t like how it looks at all, but that`s just my tastes! If you like it, that`s what matter :thumbup:

GodSpeedLuc

Reaction score
Visit site
definintely a different look to it which is nice. however, i too would be worried about compromising the handling/control of the bike. but anyway, you have to be the one to feel for it and like it in order to appreciate any mod whatever it is really.

bossdoc83

Loud pipes save lives!
Reaction score
Visit site
As mentioned before, it's awesome to try new things but I would have to agree that is doesn't look right. The only way to really describe it is like seeing a big 4-wheel drive trucked slammed to about 3 inches off the ground.

Now, is that a shorter rear swing arm? It may be the pic but it looks short....

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks pretty wild...orange wheels looks pretty cool, but I dont care for the orange accents through the bike.

How does it handle? Care to give us any comparisons before and after?

Also, I'd cut down the rear hugger a little bit to make it look sportier.

Last edited:

crx81

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks kinda funky all jacked up in the rear like that.
I'd pull you over for that plate too. :D

a_sick1

2004 FZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
It looks weird... any comments on handling?

Would look better if you lowered the back too.

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Kinda looks like you ran head long into the back of a tractor/trailer IMO, love the fact that you are trying something new, definatley aggressive stance however maybe a little too aggressive IMO, must have taken some work to completethough?:cheer:

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site
Anybody see the resemblance?

gl_replica.jpg

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site
I really like that black/orange scheme. I was wanting to do something similar to my bike, but was unsure exactly what it would look like. I was afraid it would too Halloweenish, but I think yours looks good.

How comfortable is that riding position? It looks like your boys would be forced against the tank too much.

fz6joker

Damn Hooligan
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm getting ready to head out to college for the fall semester in a couple of days which translates to a two and half hour drive every friday night and every sunday night. The stance of the bike doesn't smash my boys at all and is EXTREMELY comfortable. The bike handled great before and although it is a different feel now it is just as easy to drive. It feels like a completely different bike now.

Sidenote: I really appreciate everybodys replies.

fz6joker

Damn Hooligan
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks kinda funky all jacked up in the rear like that.
I'd pull you over for that plate too. :D

I've had quite a few cops directly behind me in traffic and I've yet to get pulled over. Must be a difference in attitudes between here and FL

rvbiker

Reaction score
Visit site
I like your paint scheme.:thumbup: I have a lot of respect for anyone who will take the chance and mod their bike for a new look. I’m not crazy about the look of the back end but if you like it that’s all that count!:rockon:

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
+1 on the paint job

The rear looks high to me, but hey, the pic looks sick! I wouldn't do it just because I have other plans for my mods, but props for following what you wanted and making it happen!

chemicalsmile

Reaction score
Visit site
I like the tail - I've always thought the fz6's tail could be more upswept. That's probably why the seat cowl looks so great is it makes the rear look higher. I'd probably do it if it didn't take so work to raise it up:( I'm not really into the color scheme but respect for taking the plunge and doing all that to a brand new bike!

P.S. I think the tail would be more widely accepted if the bike was nekkid :p

racerws

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Overall I like your bike. The front looks good lower, just wonder what it would
look like with the rear lower than the original position? I would lose the orange
accents also, but keep the painted wheels.
Thanks for sharing!