Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Seen Better

Votes: 43 69.4%

• Total voters

toastinator

ToAsTinator
Reaction score
Visit site
Ive started Talking to this Guy REK who Custom Air Brushes Helmets, this is what he Designed for me, check it out

Outlined:

img20110404225533.jpg
img20110404225554.jpg

Paint :D (Outlining of Face is actually Glow in the dark paint ^.^)

img20110405220855.jpg
img20110405220819.jpg

img20110405220807.jpg
img20110405220838.jpg

Waiting To Recieve it, should be shipped soon!

Update: Recieved it :D youd be suprised at how well you can see through the visor. The glow paint didnt work out well at all so i ordered some super glow paint from glow inc with a super high glow rating. turned out amazing :D

Last edited:

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks awesome man. I would just be worried about visibility. The perforated rear window things do well because of the distance between your eye and the screen.

If it works, then it'd be awesome.

I'm still partial to solid colors myself though.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I love the design on the back. Not so the front, sorry :(

I always thought painting a helmet compromised its integrity. Maybe that's only the old helmets.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I love the design on the back. Not so the front, sorry :(

I always thought painting a helmet compromised its integrity. Maybe that's only the old helmets.

+1

+1

and

+1

I don't think I'd risk painting a helmet. Even new ones specifically tell you not to.

But if you like it then that is all that matters since it's your helmet.

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
sorry but the design is not for me, but I hope you like it. It is the individuality of the way we all make our bikes and our gear uniquely our own that I find very interesting, even if we don't all have the funds to pull a Wolfman on our bike.
As for painting the helmet, they say it compromises the integrity of the helmet as a loop hole for them to negate responsibility in the case of helmet failure. This is primarily that they are concerned you will disassemble or remove the foam from inside the helmet and fail to install it properly. The actual painting of the helmet does not compromise its integrity. I have striped and covered one of my helmets in carbon fiber, and am waiting for black vents before I write my thread, so I had checked on all of this information with a buddy of mine that does helmet designs for some of the major companies. Basically if he just taped and painted your helmet is solid.

4drfocus

Rurouni
Reaction score
Visit site
The back looks good, but the front looks like one those cheap black plastic jack o' lanterns you can buy wal-mart during Halloween, but I do like the glow in the dark paint idea.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Visor might be a bit much..... Try a regular tinted visor and it might be ok. Keep the painted one for special 'rides' and events.

Like when you want to run over things you didn't see? :D

Not my style, but it only matters what you like! If you like, its GOOD! :thumbup:

JTL

Reaction score
Visit site
Why would painting a helmet compromise its integrity?
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

The shells of polycarbonate helmets might get damaged/softened from the solvents used in paints. If the helmet to be painted is fiberglass or similar, there should be no worries.

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
Seriously, I like it but: 1) Can you see out? 2) Won't cops hassle you?
(Maybe a chrome visor?)