What do you guys think of....

ZRXINLA

formerly red06fz6
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, finally, after about 9 months of looking I found one. The one I mentioned earlier with 8250 miles, I went to see it and it was very dirty, had lots of paint chips, and it looked like it had been sitting outside for a while with some rust, it was so disappointing. That same day I went on cycle trader and there was one that had just gotten posted as a one owner 2003 with 4000 miles. He wanted $4500 as well so I figured what the hell. So I give the guy a call, very nice by the way, he told me what he had done to her, it had a yoshimura carbon fiber slip on, frame sliders, gel grips, carbon fiber air filter plastic covers, k&n filter, and he had put on a jet kit and had it dinoed. 125 h/p at the wheel :D

The guy even told me he would throw in the exact match helmet that he had especially ordered and an alpinestars limited edition leather jacket complete with armor, matching colors as well. Bike cover, and all original parts he had replaced including the exhaust. When I got there today, I was so surprised as to how well taken care of it was, it turns out the guy was a fan of Eddie Lawson, had pictures all over his garage, the bike was his baby, it looks brand new, as if it was sitting at the showroom floor. I ended up leaving there with the bike and all the extras for $4250, which to be honest was an awesome deal. I will posting some high quality pictures soon, in the mean time, these are the pictures that were on cycle trader.

Also, I will post a review on the bike, so far I love how it rides, I rode it 55 miles back home and it was great, the riding position is more upright than our beloved FZ, It felt a bit more comfortable.

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

ZRXINLA

formerly red06fz6
Reaction score
Visit site
Grats on the new bike! My boss is actually in the process of buying one of these too, small world.

Thanks man. If your boss is looking for a kawi green, tell him I said good luck, they are so rare. The only ones you usually see are poorly taken care of and with high mileage.

125 HP at the WHEEL... For 4,250 that is not a bad deal.

yep, and he even gave me the dyno sheet :thumbup:

Scotty1122

Cincy ZRX Hooligan
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, finally, after about 9 months of looking I found one. The one I mentioned earlier with 8250 miles, I went to see it and it was very dirty, had lots of paint chips, and it looked like it had been sitting outside for a while with some rust, it was so disappointing. That same day I went on cycle trader and there was one that had just gotten posted as a one owner 2003 with 4000 miles. He wanted $4500 as well so I figured what the hell. So I give the guy a call, very nice by the way, he told me what he had done to her, it had a yoshimura carbon fiber slip on, frame sliders, gel grips, carbon fiber air filter plastic covers, k&n filter, and he had put on a jet kit and had it dinoed. 125 h/p at the wheel :D

The guy even told me he would throw in the exact match helmet that he had especially ordered and an alpinestars limited edition leather jacket complete with armor, matching colors as well. Bike cover, and all original parts he had replaced including the exhaust. When I got there today, I was so surprised as to how well taken care of it was, it turns out the guy was a fan of Eddie Lawson, had pictures all over his garage, the bike was his baby, it looks brand new, as if it was sitting at the showroom floor. I ended up leaving there with the bike and all the extras for $4250, which to be honest was an awesome deal. I will posting some high quality pictures soon, in the mean time, these are the pictures that were on cycle trader.

Also, I will post a review on the bike, so far I love how it rides, I rode it 55 miles back home and it was great, the riding position is more upright than our beloved FZ, It felt a bit more comfortable.

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

I'm diehard Red but the '03 green paint scheme is by far my favorite green!:thumbup:

Visit here: http://zrxoa.org/forums/

Anything and everything you need to know about these bikes! Good people and locally a good group out by you.:rockon:

Last edited:

ZRXINLA

formerly red06fz6
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm diehard Red but the '03 green paint scheme is by far my favorite green!:thumbup:

Visit here: http://zrxoa.org/forums/

Anything and everything you need to know about these bikes! Good people and locally a good group out by you.:rockon:

Cool man, thanks. I did know about the forum, I am in the process of joining, looking forward to it. And you are right about the 03 green it's the best one. :thumbup:

ZRXINLA

formerly red06fz6
Reaction score
Visit site
Finally, I was able to take a few pictures of the bike today. I will give you guys my thoughts on the bike.

The bike is very smooth and powerful, it pulls really hard from as low as 3000 rpm all the way up to 9000rpm, I have not had it up to the 10000rpm red line yet, I don't think I need to. It has tons of torque, I can cruise around town in second gear all day long. The riding position is a lot more comfortable than that of the FZ, and so is the seat. I can ride 50 miles straight on it and my hands won't get numb, like they do on the FZ. Of course we are talking about 1200 cc's here, double that of the FZ, the bike feels surprisingly light, it probably weighs about 80 pounds more than the FZ, but I don't really feel the difference when I ride. Actually, I feel more comfortable leaning in the twisties with this bike. Overall, the bike is really great, it's a shame that Kawasaki stopped making this bike in 2005, hopefully, they will some day bring it back with fuel injection just like they did in Japan.

Finally, I have decided that I don't really need the FZ anymore and I have posted it for sale on a few sites. It is a great bike, but with the way things are going right now with the economy, I don't think it's wise to have two bikes for me right now. If anyone is interested, I will be posting a for sale thread in the next few days.

I have to tell you all that me selling the FZ does not mean that I will leave the forum, this forum has been very helpful to me and to be honest, after checking out different forums, this is by far the best one there is.

DSC01930.jpg

DSC01925.jpg

DSC01931.jpg

DSC01935.jpg

DSC01928.jpg

Last edited: