What do you all do for a living?....

teamdan

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a drafting manager for a residential builder. Nothing to exciting but keeps me interested. Been with the same company for coming up 6 years. Started as a draftsperson and worked my way up to where i am now. We do unit developments mainly but also some nice one off stuff too.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Jedi Warrior..

And a very good one my young Padawan
smileyjedi.gif

Keits

Dela-Where?
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
Police Officer for the last 9 yrs at a good sized local University. (Can't say the name but its pretty easy to figure out lol). I'm excited since we have recently had an administration change; Now that the swat team and K-9 unit is up and running a motor unit is next. I was the 1st to throw my name in the hat!! Hopefully I can sway the decision makers away from Harley's and push for BMW's instead...

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, my job 'kinda' changed a month ago.

I am now an Estimator/Scheduler for a large commercial builder in Perth.

Before I was only doing ceilings/walls - drywall - now I'm working from earthworks through to handover :D

Loving it ;)

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, my job 'kinda' changed a month ago.

I am now an Estimator/Scheduler for a large commercial builder in Perth.

Before I was only doing ceilings/walls - drywall - now I'm working from earthworks through to handover :D

Loving it ;)

Wow, I've done drywall work in the past and I really don't like hanging it on a wall, I couldn't imagine doing it on a ceiling. My hat's off to you. :bow:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, I've done drywall work in the past and I really don't like hanging it on a wall, I couldn't imagine doing it on a ceiling. My hat's off to you. :bow:
God no! I'm in the office - I don't get my hands dirty :)

I price building work, scheduling/project manage them.

I am an office jockey NOT a labourer :eek:.....

I've NEVER got my hands dirty ;)

wlaroche

Reaction score
Visit site
I am a mechanical designer for Boston Scientific. I have worked there for 17 years. I have worked mostly on heart pacing leads in some form. I designed leads for 10 plus years, but now I try and find they best way to break them, fatigue testing. I love what I do now. I hope to be here for quite some time.

MarkG813

Reaction score
Visit site
Since i was 18, i've been working for a security company called G4S WACKENHUT. Took the job because it was perfect for a full-time student, got all my schoolwork done everynight :thumbup:. I'm 20 years old now and just got a job as a "Operations Cordinator" at a Honeywell Data Center. Still going to school (energy management) so its nice not having to look for a job when graduating. And the pay is alot better than doing security!

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Site Director for Washington State University here.:rockon:

Worked on that campus fall of 2010. I work for a composite company that takes care of some of the fraternity and sorority composites. Kinda funny though I stayed in Moscow, ID. Only school I have been to that I stayed in one state and worked in the other for 2 weeks. lol thought the bears were pretty cool too:thumbup:

Downs

Touring Jarhead
Reaction score
Visit site
Flight Equipment Technician on Marine KC-130T aircraft.

15366_1297861252750_1416956060_30872574_2389413_n.jpg

On the range for annual qualification

n1416956060_30418012_1743319.jpg

Prior to that I was a gas turbine engine mechanic for T-64 engines on CH-53E helicopters in MCAS New River. And before that when I was in high school I worked at a Machine Shop rebuilding engines and whatnot.

Last edited:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Jack of all trades master of none...
I've had many jobs because I get bored easy but my favorite jobs have been when I was working at Werner enterprise as a class a diesel mechanic, and working for the plumber pipe fitters and service tech union local 72 as a commercial service tech and got to spend a year working on st John island in the us virgin islands, I was working at the Westin hotel installing some new chillers, generators, and fixing some of their old chillers, the best part of it was getting everything comped by the hotel, room drinks and all. Currently I'm a metallurgist wich has been a off and on thing over the years kind of what I have always fall back on when i get bored but I think I'm going to just stay with it this time because bouncing around has it's benefits but is getting old

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
Im a full time student, part time autozone guy :( and i build engines on the side. :D
started with diesel generators when i was 12 then onto nitro motors and built a Ford 289 when I was 16...., got into a few integra and civic motors as well as the modular 4.6l v8's..
used to do some general contracting work till the "great recession" lol

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I help very smart people buy and sell businesses for millions and sometimes billions of dollars. I'm an "M&A" tax consultant. Long intense hours with lots at stake. Me and my colleagues are constantly trying to get things done correctly but in as little time as possible while managing risk...and we are constantly trying to do as much as we can possibly handle, and then some....there is always too much to do so every day/week/month is a prioritization and efficiency exercise. On the plus side I have tons and tons of freedom to decide how/where I do my work...so long as I deliver.

Good career I suppose but the grass always looks greener...I don't think I'll be satisfied until I don't need to work for money (either by doing something I truly love or by becoming wealthy). I'm my own worst enemy.

My wife is a pediatric nurse and I'm very proud of her for that. She loves her job.

Last edited:

mnuttall87

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) working for a private equity firm....love it so far! I did forensic accounting for white collar crime cases before that -- I got to work on the Bernie Madoff case as well as another big hedge fund ponzi scheme.