What car(s) do you have/drive?

lazerfazer

Reaction score
Visit site
i smashed a 1998 Mercedes-Benz E320 4Matic into a telephone pole after putting 50,000 miles on it
then i got another 2000 MB E320 4Matic (thank you insurance $$) and a old lady crossed the double yellow and crashed into my wheel and bent the frame after 20,000 miles
this car was awesome- looked like a baller & owed nothing on it, very presentable. it had very low mileage, and i basically drove it for free for 2 years
i paid 10.5k for it, then traded it for 8k after not getting the damages fixed from the lady crashing into me, i just kept the 2.2k.

then traded the E320 with a bent frame for a 2010 jeep wrangler unlimited; the only 4x4 convertible in my price range...

All mechanics that i took my Mercedes to said it couldn't be aligned and they believed the frame was bent, i really didn't want to pay someone to tinker around with my MB, due to how pricey parts and labor can be. it wasn't really safe to drive in the winter so i traded it in for 2k less than what i paid for it.

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
2002 Mazda Protege LX, modded for cornering. Lets see if I can remember all the mods, lol. Tokico Blues(HP shocks, nothing fancy), Ground Control coilovers with Eibach 2" ERS springs, AWR 21.5mm adjustable rear sway bar with adjustable end-links, OEM front strut tower brace, GT Spec lower tie bar, GT Spec 4-point ladder bar, Mazdaspeed strut mounts all around, Enkei RPF1 17X7 wheels wrapped in Yokahama Parada Spec 2 tires, Power Slot slotted rotors, Hawk HPS pads, braided stainless steel brake line with some DOT 4 fluid, Corbeau CR1 seats, and I'm pretty sure that covers all the critical mods. It does have some minor suff uder the hood, but it's still a pig in a straight line, so no point in going into details there. lol The thing absolutely flys in the twisties! Nothing like having someone in an M3 pull over in frustration over not being able to get that dang econobox off their tail. :D Such under-rated cars Protege's are! Oh, and I've got all of 48K miles on it. Had 25K when I bought it. It just turned into a modding disease. LOL!!

My commuter car is an '05 Suzuki Aerio SX, currently with 79K miles. It's really fun, and handles surprisingly well, but I plan on dumping it as soon as it's paid off. I like the car, but the previous owner must've slacked off on maintenance, as it burns a bit of oil. :( I really don't have the will or time to figure out where it's losing it, and I can't stand constantly checking the oil level and topping it off, so to heck with it. lol It's either losing it via a ring or two, or it's losing it via something in the head, as there are no leaks anywhere on the block, and it's not leaking into the coolant, so it's internal somewhere. It runs fine, but I HATE oil burners. I plan on getting a late model 3.7L Chevy Colorado, as I've always wanted a truck to haul my TW200 in, plus I just want a truck. LOL

Last edited:

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We now have a 2011 (superceded but brand new) Ford Focus hatch.

After just one week with it, wow. Love the little thing.

Won't ever take the place of a bike, at least im not bored when I drive now. Shame $$$$ wouldn't let us buy the all new model, or a runout XR5 (they may be the ST everywhere else) with the 5 cylinder turbo :rockon:

mellow mark

Reaction score
Visit site
2010 Lexus RX350 and 2011 Infiniti G35 (mine/hers). Expensive? Not when you figure that we drive our cars > 100,000 miles before trading in. And, in Texas, mileage adds up quite rapidly. And, BTB, the RX gets about 25 on the InterState and the G gets about 28. Not rapid transit, but good, solid, reliable transport.