What brake pads do you use?

subzerospeed

Reaction score
Visit site
Update - Replaced the OEM with a set of HH sintered pads this weekend and a significant improvement in bite and braking feel.
After installing, i pumped the front brake lever to build pressure back up and i think i did too much? After a short bed-in ride, the rotors were very hot, like they were dragging slightly.

Wondering what i did to create too much pad resistance.

asp125

Reaction score
Visit site
After installing, i pumped the front brake lever to build pressure back up and i think i did too much? After a short bed-in ride, the rotors were very hot, like they were dragging slightly.

Wondering what i did to create too much pad resistance.
Bed-in ride.. did you brake normally, or did you actually do the repeated hard stops from 60mph to 10mph? The latter would heat up the pads and rotor. Normally some brake drag is normal, but you should still be able to rotate the front wheel by hand when it's off the ground. Did you check to see if the pads are seated fully and correctly? Also check to see if the brake reservoir is not overfilled and perhaps exerting some residual pressure.

subzerospeed

Reaction score
Visit site
Bed-in ride.. did you brake normally, or did you actually do the repeated hard stops from 60mph to 10mph? The latter would heat up the pads and rotor. Normally some brake drag is normal, but you should still be able to rotate the front wheel by hand when it's off the ground. Did you check to see if the pads are seated fully and correctly? Also check to see if the brake reservoir is not overfilled and perhaps exerting some residual pressure.
I did 5 40-0 mph slow downs, consistent minimal brake lever pressure. These were hot rotors, unable to keep fingers on. After the pad swap, the wheel spun freely albeit with slightly more resistance than old pads; I spun front wheel prior to change for comparisons sake.

Wondering if I just need to drive 50 miles and let some pad wear off..?

As I ask this I’m sure there is, but is there a full level line for inside the master cylinder? It wasn’t full, maybe 60% full.