What are your 2011 Goals? (i hate resolutions)

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
well everyone. we're coming up on the end of 2010. this is about the time that people start thinking of new years resolutions. i personally hate resolutions for the sake of making them. but based on what i'm already doing, i do have some goals for this coming year. i just figured it's been awhile since i've been around... i'll break the ice by sharing :D

for the last few months i've been working out with kettlebells. i've dropped about 20 pounds, 2 belt loops and 1 pants size. but most importantly i've gotten stronger and have more energy. i plan to keep that up and a number of my goals flow from that.

goal 1 - drop about 80 pounds. i'm not set on that number. i'll reevaluate when i get close.

goal 2 - complete something called "the right of passage". it's essentially doing a one handed overhead press of a kettlebell that is half my body weight. obviously this is more easily done when i'm lighter :D and snatching a 24kg bell 200 times in 10 minutes. i can currently snatch a 16kg bell about 60 times in 5 minutes. so i have a bit of work to do. :rolleyes:

goal 3 - do at least 5 straight pull ups. right now i'm fat enough i can't do one.

goal 4 - i've found a chronological bible reading plan that i'd like to do this year. i read regularly, but i have a tough time sticking to any of these type of plans. but i've always been interested to read it chronologically rather than the way it is setup.

so, have any of you thought of any goals you want to set for yourself for next year?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I wish you all the best on your goals.:rockon:

I have an important goal. To grow as a loving human being. I don't know exactly what that is. I have a good idea and I think it's part dancing and part wielding a sword but mostly being at peace so that what's valuable is the result. Even what's valuable is subject to judgement but I'm on this journey and haven't reached my destination. Wait a minute! Hahaha!

My wife is using the kettle bells. She is one tough cookie and that's some intense exercise!

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a few goals for 2011!

1. Help my kids to continue to grow in the World, and to make sure they are always happy, contebt and safe.

2. Continue to work on becoming a decent fabricator of sorts, so that when i get sick of, or get to old to be DJ'ing, etc, i can sit in the corner of a shed somewhere, making people's bike's look pretty, and go good, and get paid a few dollars for my trouble!

3. Re-build the 2 TRX850's i have recently purchased, and turn at least one of them into am immaculate OEM spec bike, the other a lightened, and tweaked track bike...

4. Not crash!

5. Find a block of land in a rural area, not too far from the big smoke, and build a home with my girl...

6. Ride as much as possible...not as easy as it sounds, being a stay at home dad, who has a 2 year old in his care most days!

:thumbup:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
1. Get back to 215lbs. I'm at 235 right now, down from 284 just this past February. Getting close.

2. Ride to Mexico.

3. Ride back home from Mexico. haha :p

The rest is just life as normal. I always have lofty goals so no sense listing them here, they're the same as in every year.

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site
My goals,the same as usual.Survive the tintops,stay employed & the rest should just slide into place...:thumbup:

jerdman89

wait... what goes here?
Reaction score
Visit site
I only have two simple goals for 2011

1. Buy a 2005 Subaru STi
  2. find a better paying job that i actually enjoy, whatever that may be
number 2 will help with number 1, the rest we'll just see what happens.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Seems like weight loss is a theme

1) I Need to lose at least 20. Believe it or not 220 is my ideal weight. At 245 now.

2) Stay employed. This means continue to work very hard at what I do. 19 years at the same company these days is a liability. You have to continue to prove yourself

3) Be the best Father I can be to my daughter. She is almost 14 and the boys her age are freaking creeps. I have to bridge the gap for her and be the utmost role model for her.

4) Take the bike to some far off places. For starters we have a trip planned from NY to parts of Montreal and Toronto.

Anesi

Reaction score
Visit site
Some really great resolutions so far :thumbup: Keep them coming.

Here are my resolutions:
  • Find a nice bike for my girlfriend so we can ride together
  • Resume kickboxing in order to be fit for another fight in a years time
  • Take my girl on our first motorcycle road trip (have my eye on Austria)
  • Educate my self throughout the year to stay on top of my job
  • Become a consistently winning poker player at the micro stakes (currently break even)

All of these should be within reach, so i hope by this year next time I can check off all items, look back and say "Hey, I did pretty well this year" :)

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My goals:

To buy an EH Holden and do her up
To stay safe and healthy and enjoy another year with my wonderful husband :blowkiss:
To use my home gym A LOT more
Have the best riding holiday in Tassie with my lovely hubby, Wolfman, Jess, Humperdinkel and Kel :rockon:

Most importantly, stay happy :)