What are chicken wings!

andysadd

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't get out on my fz6 fazer as much as I would like too, (1600 miles in 2 years ) but out on a ride with some friends the other day I was the butt of humour for a while as I still have chicken wings on my tyres! Not being up on all the terminology what are chicken wings? How do you get rid of them?

It was a good day riding in Norfolk (uk) with lots of good laughs and banter! And although the joke at one point I gave out d good as I got! we covered 220 miles! Can't wait for the next ride but now the weather had turned :(

Jugro

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't they mean chicken strips. Because then we are talking about the unused rubber at the tyres edge.
Nothing to be ashamed off to have that if one is only riding on the road. I scraped my sidestand, before I got rid of the strips on my tyre and that took a closed circuit.

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Really is nothing to be ashamed of. If you dont ride often, and you arent on a road course, it is pretty typical to have some unused rubber on the tires edges.

I put about 7000 miles on my bike this year, all on public roads, and I ride fairly aggressively, and I still had a narrow bit of unused tire.

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
what are chicken wings? How do you get rid of them?

You can do like someone I know who rides a HD Fatboy Special...
We were also arguing about him only using the mid section of his tyre (as he is too scared to take a decent turn) and have those chicken strips.

You know what he did?
He deflated his tyres, so the edges would make contact to the road and drove like this for 10-15 kilometres:spank:
You know what he said afterwards? "What are you gonna say now? I'm gone beyond the edges of my tyres, leaning in turns!!"
As a matter of fact he did; the rear tyre was badly damaged, as was his rim when he apperently hit a hole in the road :D

Don't worry if you still have chicken strips or not: as previously said, you'd probably need a closed course to get them 100% off :D

Grtz,

Degake

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
what are chicken wings? How do you get rid of them? (

Chicken wings- often refered to as hot wings, the part of the chicken wich enables it to fall gracefully out of the sky, consist of three individual sections drumstick, flat, and tip

In order to get rid of them dip in ranch dressing and insert into mouth, or if you live with a moocher simpley put in fridgerator and wait 24 hours and they will be gone

Sent from my Pocket Rocket with Tapatalk

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
Some lose paint and plastics along with their chicken strips. Ride your own ride, enjoy :cheer:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Chicken wings:

wings.jpg

Chicken strips:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/bar/39498-chicken-stripes.html

Grainbelt

Reaction score
Visit site
Ahh, chicken strips. Unless you're doing track days, don't worry about it. With the sorry state of roads around here, limited sight lines, and speed limits, I still have 1/8" or so unused on my tyres (sic). More than that that rarely ever gets touched.

For me, street riding is more about being smooth, taking lines that ensure good visibility, and getting on the throttle after the apex in a way that makes me giggle. Corner speed is great on a smooth, debris-free road with adequate visibility, but around here they are non-existent.

Keep the rubber side down, and have fun out there.

just james

Reaction score
Visit site
Chicken wings could be the the small rubber tits that stick out on a new tires on the side of the tread maybe? Sorry about the foul language.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
When your tires look like this, your comrades will no longer bring this subject up ever again.

Tire courtesy of Wavex!

4197922173_be4e4919e4_b.jpg

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Chicken wings- often refered to as hot wings, the part of the chicken wich enables it to fall gracefully out of the sky, consist of three individual sections drumstick, flat, and tip

In order to get rid of them dip in ranch dressing and insert into mouth, or if you live with a moocher simpley put in fridgerator and wait 24 hours and they will be gone

You're obviously not from Western NY. In the real world, Buffalo wings (often misrepresented as chicken wings or hot wings) are dipped in blue cheese. Anything less is uncivilized.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
You're obviously not from Western NY. In the real world, Buffalo wings (often misrepresented as chicken wings or hot wings) are dipped in blue cheese. Anything less is uncivilized.

Blue cheese should be un invented! It tatse like someone shouved some feta cheese inside a roadkill opossum, let it bake in the sun for 2 weeks then threw up on it and packaged as blue cheese....imo of corse lol

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Blue cheese should be un invented! It tatse like someone shouved some feta cheese inside a roadkill opossum, let it bake in the sun for 2 weeks then threw up on it and packaged as blue cheese....imo of corse lol

Nah. Blue cheese is awesome. Especially when there's big chunks, and you get to use the celery as a spoon to dig it out.