Went to MotoGP and the world came to an end!

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
So I went up to Indy this weekend to watch the MotoGP race...Saturday was great. It was dry all the races went off without a hitch. I got to see the Rookies Cup which was freaking awesome: 13-16 year olds flying around the track at 125mph, those kids were hardcore! We saw at least half a dozen wipeout and every single one of them got back up and rejoined the race. It was absolutely nuts.

On the other hand Sunday f#cking sucked. They called the 125cc race 10 laps early, canceled the 250cc race completely, and called the main event after only 20 laps. What little bit of racing we did see was awesome though. Rossi and Hayden are seriously in a league of their own. I don't think you can fully appreciate how much separation they get from the rest of the pack until you see it live. We were sitting right in front of turn one (the big S-turn at the end of the long straight) and Rossi and Hayden would go through the turns and be out of sight before the closest follower even started to enter the turn....it was very impressive.

Anyways, the really ****ty part of the weekend had nothing to do with the race. After making the ride home through rough cross winds and the remnants of Ike, I get back to find that Louisville has been absolutely decimated by the strong winds. Power was out over more than 60% of the city (including my house, of course) and trees were down everywhere. We had to take a dozen different detours before we finally found a way to get home that wasn't blocked. Anyways, I still don't have power and they are predicting it will be 2 weeks before everyone has power back again. Something like 300,000 people were sitting in the dark sunday night. The only nice part of this is that my girlfriend and I have been having romantic candle lit dinners the past couple nights, if you consider mac & cheese cooked over a camp stove romantic.

Anyways, at the moment my only internet access is at the office and the local coffee shops (which are packed to the gills with people who don't have power and want to check their email), so I may not be around much for a couple weeks. See you guys when the lights come back on.:Flash:

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
That sucks shaggy! Well good luck on geting the power back on and congrats on getting to see some of the action at Indy. hope everything works out allright.

jeff in ohio

Reaction score
Visit site
I was there Thrusday night thru Sunday. Was up in E Penthouse. Took he truck though which was the right call for the weather. Indy puts ona first class show for sure. Saw the new FZ6R there and the new R1 - which sounds pretty good also....

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool....we were right under you in Section E - Box 7. I think that was probably the best section to sit in for that race. Watch all the bikes coming into that corner at 170+, drag knees on both sides, and then hit WOT coming out the other side.....amazing!

We didn't make it to anything on Friday. Showed up early on Saturday, the weather wasn't too bad for riding, it rained, but we were able to avoid the worst of it. The most badass part of riding a bike was that they let you park on the track....granted it was the backside straightaway that wasn't used in the GP course, but it was still really cool. Coming in to park you got to run down a good 1/2 mile stretch of asphalt which freaked me out at first.....why do these traffic guys keep directing me out onto the track????!!!!! And my god were there a lot of bikes.....never seen that many motorcycles in one place. I could have spent all day just walking through the parking area admiring peoples rides.

I didn't get a chance to see the FZ6R. They closed down early on Saturday and then the tent blew away on Sunday and they wouldn't let you near the bikes. Oh well, I'm not that interested in them.

Anyways, glad you enjoyed it man. I really did, even if the race was cut short.