Went for a drive...here's the pics

Y

yukon_alex

A couple of weeks ago, my wife and I loaded the car and went for a 800km round trip drive to Haines, Alaska. It was a great day, -5c and sunny the whole time. Awesome!

The first photo is on the Haines Highway, facing north looking at Kluane National Park.

The second shows the road leading to the Three Guardsmen, heading south into Haines.

The last is the Haines Harbour.

H

HavBlue

Beautiful pictures. I do have to ask a couple of things. Were you in a cage, on a bike or do you have a snowmobile.

Y

yukon_alex

The mountain is one of the Three Guardsmen, it looks huge in the photo but it isn't really. There were skiers just coming off when we drove by.

This was in the little Toyota with the whole family.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Absolutely unbelievable photos. The one with the water is postcard material! Thanks for the shots..... got anymore?

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice Pix. I like how the snow and mountain is reflecting the blue hues from the sky above.:thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Amazing! Beautiful photos, thanks so much for posting them. Someday I'll make it there.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
absolutely beautiful country up there, i want to make it up there at some point in my life to see all that beauty...

Y

yukon_alex

Thanks for all the great comments. I am glad you like the photos. Credit goes to my wife as well. We share the camera and I am not sure who took which photos. She wanted me to say that!

I have lots more photos, this is a beautiful place. Maybe I will start my own gallery in the photos section and then everyone can find them.

Y

yukon_alex

Here's three more of the same trip. Notice the sticks beside the road? Those let you know where the edge of the road is when the snow is 4-5 feet deep! This is a very popular playground for snowmobilers in winter and hikers in summer.