Welp...Had it 15 weeks and decided to trade up to a liter!!!

barijack

Reaction score
Visit site
So yeah. I loved the FZ6 and it was my first baby. But ever since I drove a R1 a few weeks ago, I decided I wanted more. I will stick around from time to time but here we go.

It is a 2006 Honda CBR1000RR...Fireblade if I'm not mistaken. All the decals were removed when I bought it from Abernathys here in town.

What ya think?

And by the way, I reduced the FZ as far back to stock as I could so I will have all of my parts on a sale post in a few days. Keep a look out. (red painted fairings, tcp seat cowl, speedohealer, two brothers aluminum exhaust, throttle miester (cruise control) bar ends, Black frame sliders)

Mexi-can't

Biker dude
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice choice. :thumbup: I've ridden one about 35 miles and it was a blast, but not something I'd want for all day riding. ;)

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's really the same bike, but ALOT MORE COMFORTABLE. I ride with a fella who has an R1, claims it's comfortable. But every half hour or so I see him trying to sit up straight and alternately takes his hands off the bar for what appears to be wrist breaks :D

barijack

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice bike, but if you wanted a liter bike why not an FZ1 :D

Ares

Not really. 1000RR has more power, better suspension, blah blah... all that. plus as ya can tell from my pics of my FZ6, I like the look of a full sports bike, which i didnt feel like trying to go through again with, say and FZ1.

Sure a true sports bike isnt as comfortable, but i think i will enjoy it just fine.

Paradisio

Tries to keep up
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I had the choice between making payments on a 06 cbr 1000rr or buying the fz6 outright. I am happy with my choice but sometimes wish I had a little more power. Course I would probablly be in jail or dead right now so I think I made the right choice :)

LittleRed

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the new ride! Definitely a beauty :rockon:

As for those red '07 parts... I'll be keeping my eyes open for sure- I would really love to grab those fairings and seat cowl from you! :D

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I realize I'm the first to say this... but you had the FZ6 for 15 weeks, and it was your first bike... and now you are upgrading to a liter supersport bike? :squid: Sorry bro, I don't mean to doubt your abilities, but you sound like you are making a huge mistake. You may like the straight line speed of that 1000cc motor, but I gurantee half the guys I ride with will outrun you in the canyons on a Ninja 250. There is just no way you learned how to fully exploit even a 600cc bike in 15 weeks of riding dude.:spank:

I'm not saying don't go riding your CBR1000. All I am saying is be rediculously careful. This is the point in time where most riders hurt themselves. That CBR is going to be a lot less forgiving than your old FZ.

barijack

Reaction score
Visit site
I realize I'm the first to say this... but you had the FZ6 for 15 weeks, and it was your first bike... and now you are upgrading to a liter supersport bike? :squid: Sorry bro, I don't mean to doubt your abilities, but you sound like you are making a huge mistake. You may like the straight line speed of that 1000cc motor, but I gurantee half the guys I ride with will outrun you in the canyons on a Ninja 250. There is just no way you learned how to fully exploit even a 600cc bike in 15 weeks of riding dude.:spank:

I'm not saying don't go riding your CBR1000. All I am saying is be rediculously careful. This is the point in time where most riders hurt themselves. That CBR is going to be a lot less forgiving than your old FZ.

Dude, Really?!

People that buy a Zo6 Vette, Viper, etc. . .Doesnt mean that they use all of it. I never pushed my FZ To what it was cpable of and i dont plan on doing this bike to its full extent. I got this bike, because i wanted it, it was a good deal, and i enjoy having more than i need. Just because i got it doesnt mean ima hit the twisties up the mountains next week. Heck, i almost never take my bike out of town. So what if a ninja 250 takes me, i really dont care and thats not why i got this bike.

Thanks for the input, but you really didnt manage any use out of it, as next to none of what you said applies to my riding style.

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com

Wot he said. I've been on my Fazer S2 for a bit over a year and 15K miles and I'm just now considering stepping up to a larger bike. To each his own though. Don't take it the wrong way - we just do want to see another 'rider down' thread posted by your wife/girlfriend. Keep the shiny side up!

bushboarder

moved on up
Reaction score
Visit site
I think what rsw81 is getting at is the liter bike will be less forgiving. A mistake that you may make will be magnified, like whacking the throttle by accident after hitting a pothole you didn't see.
Nice bike :thumbup:, ride safe.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
He already said he is just a poser and never rides his R1 out of town... let him be!

The R1 is an excellent machine... not sure how much of it you can enjoy when riding in town only, but it sure is a nice bike to show off with :)

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
He already said he is just a poser and never rides his R1 out of town... let him be!

The R1 is an excellent machine... not sure how much of it you can enjoy when riding in town only, but it sure is a nice bike to show off with :)

I agree....but reading owns you! He rode a R1 and bought a CBR1000 :spank:

:Flip:;):D

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
I've already given my 2 cents on upgrading to a liter bike on another thread and won't do so here.

The most important thing is to enjoy your new bike and ride safe.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That CBR is a nice bike...if you like modding more than riding why don't you build it into something wild like these Cbr custom's???? I would like to see what you can do with it...you could take it to shows... :rockon: :D

Last edited:

jmerch44

Reaction score
Visit site
Dude, Really?!

People that buy a Zo6 Vette, Viper, etc. . .Doesnt mean that they use all of it. I never pushed my FZ To what it was cpable of and i dont plan on doing this bike to its full extent. I got this bike, because i wanted it, it was a good deal, and i enjoy having more than i need. Just because i got it doesnt mean ima hit the twisties up the mountains next week. Heck, i almost never take my bike out of town. So what if a ninja 250 takes me, i really dont care and thats not why i got this bike.

Thanks for the input, but you really didnt manage any use out of it, as next to none of what you said applies to my riding style.

Just be careful! you ride any bike you want, your a grown man. Here is my only advice, Dont even begin to enjoy anything about the bike until the tires are warmed up. Have fun

sideslider

Reaction score
Visit site
Though I respect your oppinion and right to choose as you please - from what I understand the 09 r1 is potientially a safer to ride bike than a cbr.

If anything just because of the technology invloved with the traction control, feel for the rear tire and ability to dumb down throttle response.

of course I know nothing about the cbr but I love the new r1

edit: I just noticed the year - im not sure about these years - good luck to you and let us know how you like it.

Last edited: