Well I guess you can call me a traitor...

OKstate311

Gettin' Fizzy wit it
Reaction score
myspace.com
But it looks like I won't be getting to join the FZ6 Owner's Club. :(

I looked at a couple of the FZ's today and couldn't get much done about the price. Went to one last dealer before they closed and I left with the paperwork started on a 2007 Suzuki V-Strom 650. :ban:

They shot me an offer that I couldn't pass up. $5,400 OTD. This is a 2007 with 1,039 miles on it, still under factory warranty. Even threw in some free gear as well.

I had considered the V-Strom but picked the FZ6 with having only ridden the latter. They let me test-ride the Suzi and WOW. I loved how tall the bike was, the riding position, and more importantly the powerband. Very torque-y.

Going in tomorrow morning (hopefully) to finish the financing and then I'll be leaving with my new baby. Sorry it's not a Fizzer, but I truly felt it was the bike for me. I'm gonna leave it stock for a while during the break-in, just so I can appreciate it for the bike that it is, but then I'll likely end up removing the front fairing and going naked.

I'm sure I'll still stop by here from time to time because there are so many awesome discussions related to riding in general. Pics coming tomorrow! :cheer:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats! You traitor! Get us all worked up for nothing!

j/k! Can I ride it? :D All's that matters is you have two wheels you feel comfortable on! :thumbup:

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

:noworries:

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
they are both great bikes,,,coming to FZ from a wee-strom i could say that you'll be very happy with your new bike,,congrats,,,,,totally different on the "purpose of the ride" department....i can not do 12 hour rides with my FZ as comfortable as my vstrom and i can not ride my vstrom to a drag strip, race with couple of CBR600RR's,,dont embarrass myself and ride back home comfortably with the very bike i raced :D

i would've bought another vstrom in the future if only i was couple more inches taller...with 5' 11" i could barely hold the bike up..

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the new NON-FZ6 purchase.....t.....r....a....i....t....o.....r.:D
j/k. FZ6 or not remember WATGATT and you're always welcome here.

paul1149

Riding with the King
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats. Great bike. What kind of inseam does it take to be comfortable on it? I have a 32" and the fz6 is about as tall as I can go. The Wee looks huge to me.

OKstate311

Gettin' Fizzy wit it
Reaction score
myspace.com
I'm right about 6'1 and the bike is a perfect fit for me. It's one of the main reasons I decided to go with it. I can put both feet perfectly on the ground and I'm within a half-inch of the seat, so when I pick up and go I feel just like that, rather than plopping down on the seat and going. I hate the feeling that I'm "sitting on top of the bike". Riding position is definitely a plus as well, very similar to the Fizzer.

It's a tiny bit heavier than the FZ6, but I was surprised at how agile it was. I think this was the right buy for me and I'm stickin to it!! :thumbup:

jniedermeyer

6 Time SuperBowl Champs
Reaction score
Visit site
i have a friend who also just purchased a v-strom and he loves it. he says its touring friendly and with the long travel on the suspension he mounted semi knobby tires so i guess you could consider it a street/trail bike now.

paul1149

Riding with the King
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks. At 6'-1" I guess your inseam is crucially more than my 32", so I think the Wee would be a bit much for me. Enjoy your new bike.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah you are a traitor however you did buy a nice bike. We'll even let you visit here if you like. ;)

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
The bike you bought is a classic. It is bigger and probably better for touring with a more economical engine and bigger tank. It is built for tall people and was way too big for me when I sat on it. After 4 years since it was introduced it still wins comparisons against other adventure touring bikes. Congrats!

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i had the opposite issue with price here in the uk..yamaha are currently doing better finance deals 0% over 48 months...i did want a v strom 1000 and at 6' 7" it was absolutly perfect but just priced too strong for me..having said that imloving the Fazer , i dont feel i compromised tho its a different horse for a different course

oh that v twin will sound great with an after market can too :rockon:

Moeginny

Moeginny
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I won't call you a traitor. I did exactly the opposite. I went to my dealer for a VStrom, and ended test driving and buying the FZ. I love the FZ, but probably won't be taking it up to Prudhoe Bay next summer...

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
this is a video i made when i was enjoying my vstrom

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSoU8RI2csY"]YouTube - Suzuki Vstrom 650[/ame]

Sosu2211

Super Furry Animal
Reaction score
Visit site
Traiter? Nah, well maybe a little ;) But in seriousness, 2 wheels are 2 wheels... the Brand of bike makes no difference :)