Well I finally did it

teslas

Reaction score
Visit site
Finally! After much debate, study, reading reviews, asking questions. Sitting on it, looking at the colors, I did it!
I drove 30+ miles over to the dealer checked out an 07 Fz6 and bought it!

Funny thing was, it was missing the right foot peg for the driver. They told me that they actually removed the foot peg in order to stick it on a Red 07 that they previously sold. They told me that they would just pick the piece off of a 08 and stick it on my new bike and have it ready for me tomorrow.

Needless to say that I did not pay for the bike yet. I will wait until to tomorrow to make sure it is in one functional piece to make it the long trip home.

more to come later...

outstanding!!! now it's official welcome to the family:thumbup:

Congrats! I take it from your description that you got a blue one. I chose the red, but it was a tough decision; both of the 2007 colors are awesome. I've had mine for 2.5 months, and just hit 1000 miles today. If I don't stop grinning soon, my face may just get stuck this way.

Enjoy the new toy!!

thanks guys! I am sure I will really enjoy this new bike.
I did really want the red one but it is really rare. So I ended up with the beautiful Yammy blue.

My last ride was a YZF600R. I loved that bike. Full fairings, outstanding engine and suspension and about 100 bucks more then the FZ6. I'm going to miss her. Somebody took her from me the weekend before Thanksgiving last year <a moment of silence>

Oh well, time to move on I suppose.

congrats on copying me on the yzf ----> FZ6 transition, it is a bit different at first but you should adjust quickly. good choice and officially welcome to the family.

What better initiation then to have to ride her home about 35 miles in the rain on El Camino.

I can't believe how much smoother the throttle is then compared to my cat (yzf600R). And the air behind the windsreen is sooo calm. I could actually go 40 mph and not need earplugs! Anything over 25 on my cat required ear plugs.

Anywho, enough talking, lets get onto the few pics we were able to snap before leaving the dealership.

Front.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

It rains in southern California?

Hey, congrats on the new ride. Be safe and welcome to the forum.....

Actually I'm up in Northern Cali. But having been down in SoCal lately - yes it does rain down there. When the planets line up properly that is... :p

Actually I'm up in Northern Cali. But having been down in SoCal lately - yes it does rain down there. When the planets line up properly that is... :p

Based on your screen name I must ask, are you into Nikola Tesla?

Congrats on your new FZ6! They're a fabulous bike that other companies are trying to copy.

Funny thing was, it was missing the right foot peg for the driver. They told me that they actually removed the foot peg in order to stick it on a Red 07 that they previously sold. They told me that they would just pick the piece off of a 08 and stick it on my new bike and have it ready for me tomorrow.

Just a thought, but give your new FZ6 a good going over to make sure that they didn't "borrow" anything else off your bike that didn't get replaced. I had an unfortunate incident with a brake caliper bolt that had been "borrowed" from my new bike when I bought it....the missing bolt went unnoticed for about 2 weeks until a loose caliper made itself known.
I am still astonished that I didn't notice it myself....but I guess love truly is blind. :thumbup:

nice looking bike, i can't believe they gave it to you with no fuel in it, that is a shame, my dealer at least gave me 3/4 tank of fuel.

Yeah, they only told me that they gave me 1 gallon of Gas, and that I had to make a bline over to the gas station. I"m not complaining a whole lot though since they gave me such the bike for a song.

Yeah, they only told me that they gave me 1 gallon of Gas, and that I had to make a bline over to the gas station. I"m not complaining a whole lot though since they gave me such the bike for a song.

So how much of a song OTD?

FWIW (I don't know if the US is different in this regard to Canada), the PDI charge should include a full tank of gas, so they're not really "giving" you anything. ;)
A dealer only putting a few bucks worth of gas in a new bike/car is right out of the 1970's.
Not to worry, in the long run, you're going to burn up a lot more gas just having fun.:thumbup:

Ended up paying 6599 OTD.

OH yes, my name has to do a little with Mr. Tesla. But a computer game i played back in the 90's called Command and Conquer Red Alert had a tesla coil in it. It would disentegrate anything that came close.

Ended up paying 6599 OTD.

OH yes, my name has to do a little with Mr. Tesla. But a computer game i played back in the 90's called Command and Conquer Red Alert had a tesla coil in it. It would disentegrate anything that came close.

i guess that is a song for out the door in CA but over here in NH i got mine for 6400 OTD

Northern CA forecast for the week: Clear & DRY, highs in 50's farenheit (if not in mountains). Van stays home this week!

Back