Wednesday.!.!.!.!

fzsixx

Reaction score
Visit site
Going to check out the bike Wed. Prob check out the beach too since we dont have one in AZ at least not till Cali sinks into the ocean ha ha. If everything is golden ill make an offer he cant refuse....Not planning on riding it home so im going to trailer it. Any links on how and were to tie down an FZ6? Thanks guys. -Matt:sinister:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you can get one, an 8ft ramp makes it much easier to load up a bike. A 6ft can be used, but I would suggest having another person helping you.

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
If you can get one, an 8ft ramp makes it much easier to load up a bike. A 6ft can be used, but I would suggest having another person helping you.
This.

It also depends on how high your truck sits. When I picked up my bike, the PO rode it to a dealer and we used their ramp to load it. I used 4 tie-downs, two in front, and two in back and that thing didn't budge at all over the 5 hour ride back home.

Good luck and hope it all works out!

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
NOTE: I've tied down one bike before. It went well. Defer to other opinions to be sure.

If you've never tied down a bike before:

Trust what people have said before.... do *not* use center or side stand. I wrestled with this logic, but heeded the collective wisdom.

1. Push the bike up to a stopping point (front of pickup/wheel chock on trailer).
  2. Use a ratcheting strap from the low forward corner tiedown point to either the handlebar or something sturdy inside the front fairing (this is what I did). Do this for each side and evenly compress the suspension a little (2").
  3. From what I'm told, the rear tiedown is just extra security. Loop one ratchet strap through the rear tire and to each tiedown point in the rear.
  4. Don't go crazy with tightening. You want the suspension to work.

Good luck and congrats.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would use soft ties for the front bars. They just hook to the tie downs so you don't have the metal hooks tweaking your cables or scratching the faring. Another trick is to have the truck or trailer down hill so that will flatten out the ramp. I have had plenty of practice between my dirt bikes and my FZ6. With a heaver bike like the FZ6 get some help it will make it much easier. Congratulations.