Web browsers and FZ6-Forum.com...

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I use Firefox as my browser at home, but in the last couple weeks or so I've noticed this forum loads a lot slower; other web sites don't seem to have slowed any.
This evening I tried this forum on Apple's "Safari", and this forum just blazes into place; I'd rather use Firefox, though, as when I return to the previous "Topics" page it always takes me to where I left off, while Safari starts me at the top of the list every time.
Anyone else experiencing slow going recently between FZ6-Forum and Firefox? Any HTML wizards out there have any suggestions? Thanks!

I use Firefox as my browser at home, but in the last couple weeks or so I've noticed this forum loads a lot slower; other web sites don't seem to have slowed any.
This evening I tried this forum on Apple's "Safari", and this forum just blazes into place; I'd rather use Firefox, though, as when I return to the previous "Topics" page it always takes me to where I left off, while Safari starts me at the top of the list every time.
Anyone else experiencing slow going recently between FZ6-Forum and Firefox? Any HTML wizards out there have any suggestions? Thanks!

I've had issues viewing picasa's web gallery photos here in the Forum and using Firefox. I switched to IE and no problems.

I use IE and Safari. No problems with either really. Did you install the recent Safari upgrade? Mac is usually pretty good at pushing out the updates.

Well DANG IT! :mad: :banghead: Now this site is loading exceedingly slow in Safari, too; yet none of the other sites I visit have any trouble! WTF?!?!?
Sounds like tomorrow I'll have to dig out the diagnostic software... :(

Firefox IE and Safari. and have no trouble but I will look into it.

Well DANG IT! :mad: :banghead: Now this site is loading exceedingly slow in Safari, too; yet none of the other sites I visit have any trouble! WTF?!?!?
Sounds like tomorrow I'll have to dig out the diagnostic software... :(

You've got malware!

Boot to safe mode after updating your AV and antispyware programs to the latest DEFs then do a full system scan using both!

Download ComboFix.exe and run that while in safe mode as well, after the av and antispyware scans.

You've got malware!

Boot to safe mode after updating your AV and antispyware programs to the latest DEFs then do a full system scan using both!

Download ComboFix.exe and run that while in safe mode as well, after the av and antispyware scans.
Forgot to mention, I'm on a Mac at home; not aware of a "safe mode" for Mac and can't run a "xxx.exe" program either.

One interesting thing, I ran another "update all software" command, Apple sent four different program updates, installed them and did a hard reboot. After the reboot, the color came back to my monitor in spades, wow! (I've got the 24" Cinema display on my iMac).

But this particular site still loads exceedingly slow, on both Firefox and Safari. Hmmmm...... :confused:

Is it slow for anyone else?........ MB time to upgrade the connection

Forgot to mention, I'm on a Mac at home; not aware of a "safe mode" for Mac and can't run a "xxx.exe" program either.

One interesting thing, I ran another "update all software" command, Apple sent four different program updates, installed them and did a hard reboot. After the reboot, the color came back to my monitor in spades, wow! (I've got the 24" Cinema display on my iMac).

But this particular site still loads exceedingly slow, on both Firefox and Safari. Hmmmm...... :confused:

Well, that certainly rules out that advice! :D

Unsure what it could be... I'm not keen to the Mac world. Perhaps a bad update to the flash player? Java?

Dennis, what version of Apache is the site on?

I'm on XP with IE7 and it loads very fast for me. I tried FF and it was just as fast.

Its on Fedora core 6 with Apache v2.2.6

Take a peek at the httpd.conf and see if "Allow Persistent Connections" is enabled (typically 15 seconds default), and set it to disabled. Reload the httpd daemon and see if Botch has any better results. It would actually be a noticed improvement for most if this is the case.

-Eric

This should do the trick..... Nothing has been done to the server latley.. Is this a new prob? or has it always been slow or been slow off an on?

#
# KeepAlive: Whether or not to allow persistent connections (more than
# one request per connection). Set to "Off" to deactivate.
#
KeepAlive on
#
# MaxKeepAliveRequests: The maximum number of requests to allow
# during a persistent connection. Set to 0 to allow an unlimited amount.
# We recommend you leave this number high, for maximum performance.
#
MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
#
# KeepAliveTimeout: Number of seconds to wait for the next request from the
# same client on the same connection.
#
KeepAliveTimeout 15

For what it's worth, the site has always responded just fine for me on Firefox, both at home (on a high speed business-class cable line) and at work (DS3 pipe here, we have a datacenter).

This should do the trick..... Nothing has been done to the server latley.. Is this a new prob? or has it always been slow or been slow off an on?

#
# KeepAlive: Whether or not to allow persistent connections (more than
# one request per connection). Set to "Off" to deactivate.
#
KeepAlive on
#
# MaxKeepAliveRequests: The maximum number of requests to allow
# during a persistent connection. Set to 0 to allow an unlimited amount.
# We recommend you leave this number high, for maximum performance.
#
MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
#
# KeepAliveTimeout: Number of seconds to wait for the next request from the
# same client on the same connection.
#
KeepAliveTimeout 15

Is it disabled now Dennis? Botch, any difference?

Hope it works!!

Hey Dennis, thanks for trying a couple of things; when I get home I'll give it a try.
And no, I couldn't notice slowing on any other site, CNN, Harmony Central, EweTube, Amazon, etc.

Back