Wax polish

Yammi Dodger

Reaction score
Visit site
Just a quick question.... what make of wax polish do you tend to use on your bikes. I have just finished a tub of cheap wax off and never had any probs with it, so I was wondering if it was worth spending a lot on wax.

Cheers Phil. :thumbup:

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello from another Phil. I use Meguiars Gold Class carnauba plus paste wax, I think its available in the UK. I really, really like this stuff. I think I am going to try using a clay bar next time before I wax just for fun.

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
Pledge - lemon scented. Also great to use on windshields & chrome!

I like to use Pledge in between washes. It also works really well as a wheel cleaner, I just spray it right on the wheel and wipe it off with a towel.:thumbup: It even does an okay job of cleaning off bugs too, not perfect but it works if you dont have time/cant wash your bike.

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Meguire's scratch x for damaged paint work...and with enough applications, this stuff can get rid of 99% of minor blemishes! Amazing stuff!

Meguire's paint cleaner, polish and Carnaubra Wax are also very good at keeping paintwork looking like new...

Inox, for cleaning & protecting polished, or metal surfaces.

Mothers naturally black for vinyl, leather, and black plastics....

Oh, and i never use anything but decent, clean, fabric softener washed microfibre clothes...it's so easy to make things look worse, with the wrong cloth!

That's a start...as a tragically addicted detailer, i could go on for hours!

:D