Wavex video on ABC nightline

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
This is the video that WAVEX wanted to see. Not sure if you have but I just found it on youtube.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSfx62lYRu0]YouTube - Wavex big premier[/ame]

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
yes thanks it was already posted :)

I finally got to see it last night with my wife (with sound) and it was terrible!!! A few of you had mentioned they may turn this into a negative spin for bikers and you were kinda right! My wife is already not very happy that I ride, so this clip made her feel even worse, and of course I had to hear about it (again) :(

Plus, most of the footage they used wasn't even from the videos I sent them... they never asked permission to use footage from my Ojai ride (includes the crash)...

BASTARDS!!

Oh well....

cbzdel

Reaction score
Visit site

I finally got to see it last night with my wife (with sound) and it was terrible!!! A few of you had mentioned they may turn this into a negative spin for bikers and you were kinda right! My wife is already not very happy that I ride, so this clip made her feel even worse, and of course I had to hear about it (again) :(

Plus, most of the footage they used wasn't even from the videos I sent them... they never asked permission to use footage from my Ojai ride (includes the crash)...

BASTARDS!!

Oh well....

they took a nice clip (minus the crash) and really flipped it! But its still your clip lol

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site

BASTARDS!!

Oh well....

You can probably get some money out of them for that. I'd be pissed, you know they'll do that to the next guy too. That's really a shame but still awesome that your video went pro. Now quit endangering the public on that death trap road you evil motorcycle enthusiast. :thumbup:

ZRXINLA

formerly red06fz6
Reaction score
Visit site

BASTARDS!!

Oh well....

Sue them :eek:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
having experienced similar experiences with some of the stuff i have done witrh the media, i feel your pain Wavex, but there aint much you can do, just remember, the media are like lawyers and used car sales men, no integrity whatsoever...they just say what the like, to get what they want.

:(

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
You can probably get some money out of them for that. I'd be pissed, you know they'll do that to the next guy too. That's really a shame but still awesome that your video went pro. Now quit endangering the public on that death trap road you evil motorcycle enthusiast. :thumbup:

:D hahah nice...

I was thinking about involving my lawyer and have him give them a call... he could probably try to have them compensate me for using video I did not allow them to use, and for all the pain & suffering I had to go through when my wife saw the short story lol, but it's too much trouble for what it is.....

I'll think twice next time though!

oscarg85

Reaction score
Visit site
hey man thats was a cool vid! can believe that douchebag cop Morrin was the one who gave me 2 tix at a time, but i won the case. Anyhow i guess there will be a lot of cops on the lAC highway so be safe pepps
!

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
dude they will settle and give you a good chunk of money, sue them bastards!!

btw, i think CA should close ACH to car traffic and make it a toll road just for bikes, they would make a lot of money, less car-bike related accidents, less deaths, win win..

of course it would suck for people who take it to work n stuff..oh well

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
HOLY FRACKIN' SHIZ!!!! I can't believe the audasity of them AZZHOLES. As you stated in your other post, you included your other videos for FYI but never gave your permission to use. THAT IS CRAP. I DID recognized the video as soon as I saw it... especially with your custom SPEEDO (which is still top notch with all the time it took you to proper wire it.. yes I read all those post with you back and forth haha good times by the way). Yeah those fools are complete retards and have no right doing what they did. For some reason in the back of my mind I knew they were going to do a negative spin on the whole thing. Sorry man...

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
HOLY FRACKIN' SHIZ!!!! I can't believe the audasity of them AZZHOLES. As you stated in your other post, you included your other videos for FYI but never gave your permission to use. THAT IS CRAP. I DID recognized the video as soon as I saw it... especially with your custom SPEEDO (which is still top notch with all the time it took you to proper wire it.. yes I read all those post with you back and forth haha good times by the way). Yeah those fools are complete retards and have no right doing what they did. For some reason in the back of my mind I knew they were going to do a negative spin on the whole thing. Sorry man...

Damn I thought I had only included videos from ACH on these DVDs, but now that you mention that, I think the 2nd DVD included the Ojai ride as well (with my crash)... I did tell him he could use all the video on these DVDs, so I may have to take back what I said about them using the Ojai video without permission :spank:

Anyway, that's less important than the fact that Peter (ABC producer) had originally told me that the tv spot was going to be about ACH re-opening, so I thought it was going to be a positive clip... turns out it really has nothing to do with ACH re-opening, but more to do with creating drama and making us look like crazy kamikazes out to terrorize ACH and kill ourselves... it got them a bigger audience though, that's for sure...

It's a bit disappointing indeed........

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
Well the fact that it was supposed to be about the ACH and the vid of the crash wasn't on ACH is complete crap as it leads to brainwashing propaganda that stears the public in the direction the media wants. I'm 100% against the entire program and what the libral media is trying to promote.

FZ6biker

Reaction score
Visit site
Damn I thought I had only included videos from ACH on these DVDs, but now that you mention that, I think the 2nd DVD included the Ojai ride as well (with my crash)... I did tell him he could use all the video on these DVDs, so I may have to take back what I said about them using the Ojai video without permission :spank:

Anyway, that's less important than the fact that Peter (ABC producer) had originally told me that the tv spot was going to be about ACH re-opening, so I thought it was going to be a positive clip... turns out it really has nothing to do with ACH re-opening, but more to do with creating drama and making us look like crazy kamikazes out to terrorize ACH and kill ourselves... it got them a bigger audience though, that's for sure...

It's a bit disappointing indeed........

+1 It was definitely a negative image drawn on the riding community. Thats sad and makes me mad that they did not give you an outline of the story before using your video.

haylo

Reaction score
Visit site
I like how they've edited the video[sarcasm/], too. If you watch the original the crash doesn't look as dramatic as they've made it look. They've made it look like it just happened in a split second, whereas if you watch the original it's actually not so quick and you can actually see what happened.