Washing my bike / replacing coolant

LVNeptune

Reaction score
Visit site
What's the deal? 50/50 people keep saying you can pressure wash or not pressure wash.

I changed my oil last night and got oil on the pipes =( figured I may as well just give her a good cleaning.

Can I just go to one of those washer places and do it myself or what?

I was also going to replace my coolant and bought everything and saw a guide in the "How-To" section I was going to follow but what about replacing the hoses?

I would like to get some bright red hoses or clear ones or something :D

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
I would not pressure wash the bike only because there is a lot of exposed pieces that are not exposed on a car (engine, electronics, seat, ect.). It's easy to get water where it doesn't need to go with a lot of pressure.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Coming from experience I would NOT pressure wash the bike, use a garden hose with a spray head, that's plenty of pressure, besides you can't get the road gunk or oil off the pipes with water pressure alone, you need to get a sponge/rag on there with soapy water!

I pressure washed mine this year, being careful not to spray high pressure on the engine or electrical and I still ended up with water in every single spark plug hole!

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
I'm even very careful using a garden hose. You would not believe how easy it is to get water in places like the steering head and wheel bearings.