Wanted: Damaged Helmets

spine

Reaction score
www.shop4biker.co.uk
Hi guys, bit of an odd request but I wonder if any of you in the UK have any damaged helmets you've been about to throw away.

I'm looking for the seatbelt type helmet fastener. I'd want it to be cut where the strap meets the cheek padding so you have the full working fastener.

I'm also looking for a helmet that has been damaged to the point that it is split in half so you can see the inside construction. I'd cut one open myself but I don't have the tools.

It's for a demonstration. It's really difficult to find unwanted damaged helmets on the internet, I guess most people bin them, rightly so as they should never be sold on.

I'm afraid I'm not flush but I'm happy to cover postage and packaging costs if anyone is happy to donate their broken helmet that they intended to chuck.

Drop me a comment below and I'll get back to you.

Last edited:

Caesar

Reaction score
Visit site
you may want to ask a local MSF class if they have them in the UK... during my class they were destroying helmets and my instructor said that they cycle the old one out and order new ones on a regular schedule.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys, bit of an odd request but I wonder if any of you in the UK have any damaged helmets you've been about to throw away.

I'm looking for the 3 different helmet fastenings: the seatbelt clip type, double D ring and ratchet. I'd want it to be cut where the strap meets the cheek padding so you have the full working fastener.

I'm also looking for a helmet that has been damaged to the point that it is split in half so you can see the inside construction. I'd cut one open myself but I don't have the tools.

It's for a demonstration. It's really difficult to find unwanted damaged helmets on the internet, I guess most people bin them, rightly so as they should never be sold on.

I'm afraid I'm not flush but I'm happy to cover postage and packaging costs if anyone is happy to donate their broken helmet that they intended to chuck.

Drop me a comment below and I'll get back to you.
What are you demonstrating? I have an old HJC AC11 minus the visor. It has the seatbelt type connection.

Nelly

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
I will have a look- I chucked away a Shark recently but I think I kept(failed to throw away) the chin strap and other bits

spine

Reaction score
www.shop4biker.co.uk
Cheers guys. So it's just the fastener chin strap I need, rather than the full helmet (unless the helmet is split in two - god forbid the accident that might have caused that).
One of each style of fastener : Double D, seatbelt and ratchet.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The HJC is in my in-laws shed. I will remove it and post it to you if you pm me your Addy and tell me what your demoing:D
I have just thought and I think the HJC has the D-ring connection.
Nelly