Wanted: clear turn signal lenses 4 stock

AlanB

Reaction score
Visit site
After going back and forth and round and round on flush, stalk, mini stalk, bulb, LED, yada-yada-yada, I've seen some photos of what appear to be stock signals, but with the amber lens replaced with a clear lens and amber bulb. To me, this seems the ideal solution, but I've been searching the net in vain. Can anybody direct me to these? Or to clear aftermarket signals similar to the (DOT approved and highly visible) stock configuration? Thanks.

banditandy

Reaction score
Visit site
No problem, i just wish someone made a silver 10w bulb (that flashes orange) to replace the orange bulb that is clearly visible through the clear lens

Last edited:

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
'07 signals are exactly the same as all the other years. If they say '04-'06, they'll fit an '07-'09. :thumbup:

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I have 4 of the clear alternative turn signal cvovers. They do not stay in the 07 housing. They look identical to the amber lens, but the little tab that holds it into place is a hair too short. They thought the first set was defective so they sent a second set. No luck with those either, they just don't fit. I'm sure you can make it work without too much trouble but I'm not going to mess with it.

AlanB

Reaction score
Visit site
It better be the whole signal! I ordered based on the website (which does not differentiate model years for the FZ6), which says "Clear Alternatives offers the largest selection of turn signals for both Sport bikes and Cruisers. We offer applications for all bikes including front signals for the Hayabusa, CBR1100XX, Katana's, and even rear turn signals for the ZX-11. All turn signals are direct replacement to stock OEM." Sure sounds like it's the whole signal (and $30 a pair would be awfully steep for two clear pieces of plastic and a couple amber bulbs).

Well, I ordered front and rear with the chrome bulbs yesterday. We'll see.... Should be here by Friday.

Last edited:

farish

The Beast™
Reaction score
Visit site
It better be the whole signal! I ordered based on the website (which does not differentiate model years for the FZ6), which says "Clear Alternatives offers the largest selection of turn signals for both Sport bikes and Cruisers. We offer applications for all bikes including front signals for the Hayabusa, CBR1100XX, Katana's, and even rear turn signals for the ZX-11. All turn signals are direct replacement to stock OEM." Sure sounds like it's the whole signal (and $30 a pair would be awfully steep for two clear pieces of plastic and a couple amber bulbs).

Well, I ordered front and rear with the chrome bulbs yesterday. We'll see.... Should be here by Friday.

guess i will be waiting for your pictures :rockon:

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site

The Clear Alternative signals are only the lenses. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that's what I paid for mine as well. If you want I can post some pics.

AlanB

Reaction score
Visit site
The Clear Alternative signals are only the lenses. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that's what I paid for mine as well. If you want I can post some pics.

Well, I suppose the good news is that installation will be easier. The bad news is that, based on your experience, they are unlikely to fit. The really maddening news is that makes website is downright fraudulent! Clear lenses do not "turn signals" make.

Stay tuned.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Here are a couple pics. I took a pic of the little tab at the top that is suppose to hold the lens in. As you can see it is just a hair shorter than the original. I really hope that your fit.

AlanB

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like I'll be returning too, if I get the same result. :(

It looks like the lens and reflector twist out of the housing. Is that right?

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like I'll be returning too, if I get the same result. :(

It looks like the lens and reflector twist out of the housing. Is that right?

There is a screw on the bottom of the housing that holds the lens in. The tab at the top holds the top secure while the screw holds everything together.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
ant, probably a dumb question, but I have to ask. After looking at the picture of you holding both lenses and showing that little tab that's shorter on the Clear Alternatives, is it possible to take the lenses off both and basically swap the clear lense onto the stock lense backing? That way, you'd have the clear lenses and the tab would be long enough to hold them in.

Of course, this is a dumb question because you'd probably already thought of that and tried it. But I figured I'd ask.

antijoy

Reaction score
Visit site