VS-2 Headlight kit

galen

Reaction score
Visit site
Has any one tried the VS2 kit from "NUBZ" customs? $300. for mirrors, signals and light/screen:eek: it sounds to good:confused: but it looks good in pics?:thumbup:

fordfanmatt

Reaction score
Visit site
If its the same as dev usc than it is a pretty solid kit. I just installed mine. The mirrors are just cheap temps to get you by until you can order some bar ends ones.

My advice if you want to install it right, buy some m6 flat washers and use them behind the spacer that bolts to the fork member. It will give you a little more clearance. Also pulling the harness back into the frame could also be beneficial.

dev_usc

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mathew I appreciate your feedbacks. If you can email me some pics and let me know what size these washers are and where they need to be installed I can add them to the kit at no cost for future buyers.
Again I heartily appreciate feedbacks from users like you whose valuable inputs and suggestion have helped me make this kit close to direct plug and play for FZ6.

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
i got my headlight kit from nubz/dev_usc and had no issues at all. I haven't gotten a chance to install it but will be soon. These guys were very good to deal with. But thanks for the washer comments. Ill have to pick up a few from the local ace.

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
I also have Dev's kit and I don't recall putting washers in, I just messed with the spacing on the bolts on the bottom. The mirrors work fine, but I do plan on changing them out for some lower ones.

fordfanmatt

Reaction score
Visit site
Ill post some pictures where i put mine when it stops raining.

I put a few m6 flatwashers on the bottom two m6x40mm bollts that thread into the fork's cross member. the bolts were bottoming out before the spacer was tight to the bracket so i put a few washers in front and behind the stay bracket(before the spacer).

skeezle

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Everyone. I have a red 2007 FZ6. The bike was laid down when I got it, so I need to replace the front lights. I'm really liking the streetfighter look. I have been searching around the site the passed few days, and it looks like that VS-2 kit is a good deal. It looks like it also comes in red. Does anyone have pictures of the red? Also, I haven't seen anyone confirm the brightness. Looks like it uses the same bulb as our bike. I cant wait to get working on my naked conversion.

dev_usc

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Everyone. I have a red 2007 FZ6. The bike was laid down when I got it, so I need to replace the front lights. I'm really liking the streetfighter look. I have been searching around the site the passed few days, and it looks like that VS-2 kit is a good deal. It looks like it also comes in red. Does anyone have pictures of the red? Also, I haven't seen anyone confirm the brightness. Looks like it uses the same bulb as our bike. I cant wait to get working on my naked conversion.

Hi Skeezle.. I appreicate your interest in the kit.... VS-1 comes in Red and its a perfect match with Stock Yamaha Red. You can checkout this thread by Kevin who has installed it on his FZ6.
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/32880-begins-2.html

JUST WANTED TO SHARE ONE MORE THING... Alex at NUBZ SHOP has offered to match the color on

Last edited:

fordfanmatt

Reaction score
Visit site

As for the brightness, I have had no issues with the vs-2 setup. High beams are bright, low beams are comparable to your stock FZ. If you really wanted to go extremely bright, single bulb HID kits are relatively cheap.

sixsix

Reaction score
Visit site
HID would be nice, but where would you mount the ballast? I took my tank, battery and air box off yesterday and tried to pull the wiring harness into the frame, but had no luck. I don't see how some people got it to fit in there. So it's still bunched up behind the headlight. Doesn't get in the way for the most part. One of my bolts that hold the little side fairings on fell off on a ride yesterday. Kinda bummed about that. I wonder if there is anything I can do to make the bolts more secure?

Also, can I request a pic of how ya'll mounted the speedo? I used the plate with the kit, but it's very hard for me to get my key in and turn it due to the speedo being so close to the lock. Just wanna see if I have it in there right. If I can fix that, and figure out what is vibrating from 4.5k - 5k rpms I'll be all set.

dev_usc

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Trey.. if you are not able to find the bolt I can ship you a new one at no charge.. about how to route the wiring I have send you some instructions showing what I have done on my FZ6... you dont have to pull the wires into the frame.. just move the relay and the two connectors to behind the headlight and there is a hook on the stay where you can tie them..

About the speedometer instllation...the new speedometer plate does allows direct plug 'n' play of any speedometer from 04-09... but with ROUND 04-06 meter there is less room for the key to be turned... I have had this on my FZ6 for over a year now and I have kinda got use to it now.. for a 07-09 RECTANGULAR meter there is plenty of room...

About installing HID.. I have done that on my FZ6.. Below are some pics.. I have not done the projector conversion...just replaced the bulb with a HID H4 HI/LOW type bulb.. there is plenty of room behind the headlight between the stay where you can tie the BLAST and RELAY.. I will send you some pics when I get home showin how I have installed the BLAST and RELAY behind the healidght... the light output is not as good as the projector and the light does scatter all over... I might in future do the projector conversion..
2cpsxuf.jpg

Last edited:

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
HID would be nice, but where would you mount the ballast? I took my tank, battery and air box off yesterday and tried to pull the wiring harness into the frame, but had no luck. I don't see how some people got it to fit in there. So it's still bunched up behind the headlight. Doesn't get in the way for the most part. One of my bolts that hold the little side fairings on fell off on a ride yesterday. Kinda bummed about that. I wonder if there is anything I can do to make the bolts more secure?

Also, can I request a pic of how ya'll mounted the speedo? I used the plate with the kit, but it's very hard for me to get my key in and turn it due to the speedo being so close to the lock. Just wanna see if I have it in there right. If I can fix that, and figure out what is vibrating from 4.5k - 5k rpms I'll be all set.

I pulled my wiring through the frame and it was a tight fit. I pulled the airbox, battery, etc to get it all in there. As it is it would be tough to fit a ballast in there as well. Maybe I will try out one of the Pulse batteries. Will give more room under there in addition to losing 6 pounds, just need to figure out how to mount it.

I can take a picture of how my speedo is mounted, I have a round unit and I have no problem with it being in the way of the ignition. I put blue loctite on all my bolts. I lost a few of my fairing bolts back when I was faired and at 6 bucks a pop + 1.5 week wait time from the dealer, loctite it was. Haven't had a problem since, and if you use blue instead of red you can still take them off easily for maintenance.

galen

Reaction score
Visit site
dev, what is the differance in the VS1 and VS2? I orderd the VS2 in black and cant wait!
if you dont mind me asking, are you linked to nubzshop? I went with nubz because i didnt know if your kit came with mirrors/signals. I didnt think about it for to long and just pulled the trigger. Thanks for all of the info you have posted, it will be a great help to me and other stripers.

Protaper48

Reaction score
Visit site
I got my through Dev. It is a very nice kit looks awesome on my bike. He was supper easy to deal with and communication during the transaction was out of this world, very quick respond time and he answered all my questions.
I will post picks once I'm done with the project....light kit is complete but there are other goodies still in a mail.

jrexer

Reaction score
Visit site
I know this thread is a little old so bare with me. I was wondering if anyone has bought this kit from nubzshop? I bought my fz6 a week ago and same day ordered the kit. Was wondering if anyone had an idea with turn around time? The website states it can take up to two weeks to order, but wasn't sure if that was a case by case. I'm stoked to convert the fz6 naked! Thanks for the info