Video: Cali Rider and his new Super Tenere

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
We rode yesterday 3/9 and had some fun on Glendora Mountain Road.

Hope all you guys and gals are doing great!!! :rockon:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtEkkzhEgE4]Glendora Mountain Road with John - March 9th, 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
John! Congratulations on your new bike! Was looking at one at the dealer last week. Very impressive and well done bike!

David,
You're scary! That motor already develops tons of torque and pushing it downhill in turns is a challenge! You are fast on that machine!
I noticed you had a lot of cyclists out in the lanes.

Goop, Luis and I were in the mountains last weekend and we had a few challenges with bicyclists in blind turns. Many ride 2 abreast in blind turns. We stopped at a country store where they gather and one of them asked if we buzzed cyclists. I answered no. And we don't but when we picked up the pace a little I saw a cyclist get startled as Luis and I came out of a turn and passed 2 cyclists 2 abreast. You know you can hear our bikes well before we get to you but they were oblivious. :eek:

It's ride time! let's get together soon! :rockon:

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like an amazing day. Did John sell his FZ6 for the Tenere? Seriously hauling on the way down David!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
David, that looked scary-fast!! The R1 guys.. they're straight from Twist Of The Wrist video.. before they started reading the cornering bible :rof:

I have to admin, as much fun as that looked, that's way faster than I would ever go on those roads.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks faster on video than it was in real life :BLAA:

I was actually riding relatively conservative to make sure I had some room... You can see me keep it up right and slow down more before a couple of turns, and in mid-turn in a couple other corners, due to water/dirt on the inside, and I never got close to the center line.

Plus, John was like 20sec behind me so I must not have been that fast :D:Flip:

One of my favorite roads.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Damn R1's..:Flip::D
Thanks for another great video David. Glad to see that John's new bike is not just a rumor.:BLAA:

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet bike! Saw a 2013 Super Ten in the Triumpsuzakimaha dealership and it is a great looking bike. Those tall bikes are awesome fun in the corners. As proven, doesn't matter how fast your bike does 0-60 when your in the twisties, that's where skill comes in :thumbup: Nice vid!

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Had the chance to see Cali rider last Sunday/Monday as he swung through town and crashed at our pad on Sunday. Mrs. Lefty wasn't feeling up to riding with us on Sunday afternoon so Cali borrowed the Mrs.' XT250 and headed up into the local mountains for an hour or so just to have some fun with me. He rode that little 250 like a motard with his leg out in corners and everything. I had trouble keeping up with him in the corners by the end of the ride. :spank:

On Monday, I decided to ride with him halfway towards L.A. and we took my favorite route including Hwy 25 and assorted ranch roads until we split up in Paso Robles 200 miles later. John was generous enough to let me ride his Super Tenere for about 25 miles on Hwy 25 and all I can say is what an awesome bike that is! It only took a couple of miles to get used to the taller seat, the extra weight (including the massive hard luggage), lower pegs and locomotive-like torque that two cylinder, 1200cc engine had. I had to give it back to John before I became to emotionally attatched to his bike. I could see myself riding that Super Tenere for days on end! :D

t1j2f3

Reaction score
Visit site
It only took a couple of miles to get used to the taller seat, the extra weight (including the massive hard luggage), lower pegs and locomotive-like torque that two cylinder, 1200cc engine had.
I know this is slightly off topic... John, what kind of luggage did you go with?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I know this is slightly off topic... John, what kind of luggage did you go with?

I saw you got the SuperTen also. You and John have to be loving that torque. You guys can do tractor pulls now! :rockon:

t1j2f3

Reaction score
Visit site
I saw you got the SuperTen also. You and John have to be loving that torque. You guys can do tractor pulls now! :rockon:
There definitely is a difference in the power delivery but the best change is rider comfort (as long as you're tall enough to touch the ground ;)). You are able to sit up comfortably and stretch your your legs, perfect for all day riding. The reason I chose it was comfort over speed but it is plenty fast.