Vibes at 5000 grand

DEATH4OF4

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know if i'm going crazy but my bikes got fair amount of vibration at 5000 rpms not at 4500 not at 5500 but only at 5 grand. I've noticed it a week ago. My bikes got 1180 on the clock.what do you think?

pipnash

Reaction score
Visit site
Mine is exactly the same. Disappears at 6000. Most bikes seem to have a point where they vibrate more at certain revs ;)

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ6 or any inline 4 will be buzzy to some point. If its really extreme, there's a problem.

I'd get a throtle sync done on it. Check it not only at idle but at 5k and adjust accordingly. The sync is generally not covered under warranty but I'd bring it to the dealer and have them look at it. I have a Carbmate which works great, no fluids, very easy to use and very accurate.

I had a similar "buzz" (not vibration) at 4K, I did the throttle sync at both idle and 4k, got rid of 90% of it.

If they determine its normal, I have the grip puppies(basically foam that goes over the grips) and like them. My leather gloves also have Gel on the inside of the palms to quell the vibration as well. I also had the seat done with a material to soften it some and stop the vibs thru the seat...

You may just be noticing different things (good and bad) with the bike as you get used to it...

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
If this is an ongoing thing, (that perhaps you hadn't noticed before), I wouldn't worry about it. All bikes have a "sweet spot", (NOT!) where vibration/harmonics all come together in a bad way. (Mine seems to have a mild vibration right around 5 - 6 grand)
If your vibration just suddenly started then something is wrong and you need to get it checked immediately! Safe riding!

RexNEffect

Reaction score
Visit site
Just picked up my '06 FZ6 last week, and I noticed very high vibrations while cruising at 65mph or faster. So much so, it was giving me headaches if I rode for more then an hour. What would be causing this? I belive the RPM's were around 6 - 7k.

DEATH4OF4

Reaction score
Visit site
Ty, on the info. I went to the dealer today and as i thought, the mechanic said, " run it" . So that's what i'm going to do i guess. I most likely didn't notice it before. As i become more familiar with this bike, only having it for 2 weeks, i finally picked it out + getting a new bike and having alot of money into it, one would tend to baby it and freak out at any strange noise.
I mean the vibrations not that bad and there isnt that much of a buzzing sound 5000 rpms, i'm use to bikes that have alot of vibration, well other than the honda vf750 i just sold. I kinda miss my shaft drive, but these bike are so sweet. I'm being over cautious i guess. Bad, bad, stop it. Lol thanks again for the replies.

D

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ6 or any inline 4 will be buzzy to some point. If its really extreme, there's a problem.

I'd get a throtle sync done on it. Check it not only at idle but at 5k and adjust accordingly. The sync is generally not covered under warranty but I'd bring it to the dealer and have them look at it. I have a Carbmate which works great, no fluids, very easy to use and very accurate.

I had a similar "buzz" (not vibration) at 4K, I did the throttle sync at both idle and 4k, got rid of 90% of it.

If they determine its normal, I have the grip puppies(basically foam that goes over the grips) and like them. My leather gloves also have Gel on the inside of the palms to quell the vibration as well. I also had the seat done with a material to soften it some and stop the vibs thru the seat...

You may just be noticing different things (good and bad) with the bike as you get used to it...

what gloves do you wear with the gel in it?
thx