very weird electrical issue

jrf

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, so the other day I am riding thru my neighborhood (without helmet, I know I know:spank:) anyways I hear this sound like an electrical short curcuit:eek:. I am in 2nd going about 30 or so and its a quick ssssssppppp.

I look down and see nothing, smell nothing, bike runs, So I thought I was hearing things. About half mile latter same thing happens and still there is no signs of what it is or were it is coming from.

I kept riding and didn't hear it again for the next 5 ro 6 miles that I rode.

It sounds like it is coming from the right side and actually sounds like it is up high, meaning around the throtlle or somewhere in that general area.

I took it out today for a long ride (50 miles) with my helmet on and face shield down I can't hear it, but when I got close to home I lifted my face shield and all of a sudden there was the sound again and still nothing.:confused:

All lights work, engine fires right up, runs great. If I hadn't gone without a helmet I probably never would have heard it in the first place.

Bike: 2005 faster blue
Miles: 4300

I don't know if the TPS was done, but I will be calling soon to see.

Any thoughts would be great, or anyone else have this experience

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
wear a helmet. this guy in my city died from a trip that lasted 2 minutes around the road around his shop he was only testing the bike as he was a mechanic working on the bike and had 20-30 years of riding under his belt.

bout ur problem i have no idea, im a noob. :)

S

sportrider

check your plug wires, maybe one's shorting? aside from that no idea.

jsp

Easyrider
Reaction score
Visit site
I guess you are right saying it is very weird, but are you sure that the issue in question is a electrical one? :confused:

jrf

Reaction score
Visit site
I guess you are right saying it is very weird, but are you sure that the issue in question is a electrical one? :confused:

I am not 100% its electrical. But the sound I hear sounds just like a short curcuit.

The first time I heard it the RPM's were up, the 2nd, if I remember right I had the clutch pulled and was coming to a stop.

It's jsut really weird, If I never would have heard it I wouldn't ever know that their might be something wrong. There is no change in performance or anything. When it happened there was no power loss or anything, just a really weird sound, and I can't duplicate it, it just does it speratically(sp.) well 3 times that I have heard anyway.

I'm just totally stumped:confused:

chokeslam512

Dental Floss Tycoon
Reaction score
Visit site
Perhaps a vacuum line? I know that those generally cause a loss of power when not fully attached but if you were coming to a stop then you may not have noticed it.