VERY low mileage 2008 - Value?

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
I think $5000 is a good price. If you don't think so walk away. They're not making them anymore and the left overs are drying up. Getting harder to find unmolested FZ6 with low miles and no scratches.

I'm with you, the price doesn't seem all that bad to me. As for the new tires, I think the seller put new tires on it before trying to sell it, considering the OEM tires would be too old by now. That's the way I read it anyways. :don'tknow: My '06 still had the stock tires, and they sucked just due to being 5+ years old!

Yeah, the thing may be "old", but mileage and condition are what really counts with used vehicles. With any vehicle, regardless of age, is almost always worth more with less miles(unless it's a POS of course, lol). It comes down to, are you willing to pay that little extra to have fewer miles on it? That FZ is so low on miles, it's not even fully broken in!

I honestly paid a bit too much for my FZ, but to me, it was worth it just the same. I'll get years and tens of thousands of miles out of it(maybe hundreds of thousands), and enjoy every last bit of it. Not to mention the gas savings! :D Ultimately, it's up to you to figure out if it's worth it or not. Do you think it's a fair price? Is the bike worth it to you? That's what you need to figure out.

Oh, and it never hurts to throw some offers at sellers. Who knows, maybe he really wants $4500 for it, but lists it high, in hopes someone will offer less, and he'll end up with the figure he wanted all along. lol

Last edited:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
If I wanted the perfect bike I would not be afraid to cross state lines to get it...just throwing that out there. Everything in CA is overpriced.

templar

Reaction score
Visit site
It sounds like a nice, USED bike, but the fellow's price is fanciful IMHO.

Check out NADA Website for value in your area on this bike. NADA is more real world than Kelly. In my region this bike be $4200 to $4500; average price. If you're financing banks will only loan 90% book value.

BTW a left over new '09 FZ6 in this area is dealer listed $6500. I bet the dealer drop to $6k.

The Dude

abides
Reaction score
Visit site
When compared to this listing, it sounds like a great deal! :steve:

fz6 Yamaha 2008 needs wrk
iv got a 2008 yamaha fz6 for sale. have a clean title in hand..only has 400 miles. 600cc...bike new cost 10,000. Im selling it for 3500 firm..bike needs some work..took a spill at low speed, needs front forks..gas tank..frame has a small crack, but can easily be welded. For about 1200 you can have the bike in great shape.Only reason why im selling it is cause i do not have the time to fix it. These bikes are selling for around 6500, so for another 1200 in work you still got a great deal. call or text 631-478-3187 for pix..
3m03pf3ld5Y65V25T3b5g99363b39497a1d98.jpg

Crax

Reaction score
Visit site
Check out NADA Website for value in your area on this bike. NADA is more real world than Kelly. In my region this bike be $4200 to $4500; average price. If you're financing banks will only loan 90% book value.

+1 on NADA. I NEVER go by KBB as that is almost always too high. I bought my 2009 last year for just under low retail of NADA from a dealer. I wouldn't even look at stock bikes priced above the average retail NADA value.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
You post made me think of a similar bike in my area:
2007 Yamaha FZ6

Funny thing is, I remember seeing this exact same posting a year ago when I was in the market for my FZ6. It could be a scammer, but I suspect it's the same guy still trying to sell the bike at close to 50% above its value. Some people just refuse to accept that their vehicle is not worth what they believe it to be.

Check this CL post out.... lmao 08 yamaha fz6 400 miles

Anyone pay 10k for a brand new fz6?? :popcorn:

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
When compared to this listing, it sounds like a great deal! :steve:

fz6 Yamaha 2008 needs wrk
iv got a 2008 yamaha fz6 for sale. have a clean title in hand..only has 400 miles. 600cc...bike new cost 10,000. Im selling it for 3500 firm..bike needs some work..took a spill at low speed, needs front forks..gas tank..frame has a small crack, but can easily be welded. For about 1200 you can have the bike in great shape.Only reason why im selling it is cause i do not have the time to fix it. These bikes are selling for around 6500, so for another 1200 in work you still got a great deal. call or text 631-478-3187 for pix..
3m03pf3ld5Y65V25T3b5g99363b39497a1d98.jpg

lol didn't read through newer posts and just posted this as complete horse poo lol.... glad i'm not the only one who found this and posted... lol