Vance & Hines, Akrapovic, or Leo V?

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
I know this is probably against Forum ethics, but i'm going to ask your guys opinion on these exhausts on my bike rather than on the V forum :spank:
So far: the only exhausts i can stand are the:

1. V&H CS One
resize.aspx

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnzumT7_GKA]2010 Kawasaki Versys with Vance and Hines CS One Exhaust - YouTube[/ame]

2: Akrapovic Titanium:
eec55ef816dc57377c396ab617c75426.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8ebOMc2Ezg]Kawasaki Versys 650 + Akrapovic Exhaust 900 euro!Amazing Sound from GREECE - YouTube[/ame]

3. Leo Vince SBK
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_6mKpl-zoo]Kawasaki Versys 650 i.e. '10 LeoVince SBK Underbody Evo II Slip On - YouTube[/ame]

They all have their pluses and minuses... i'm not looking for anything extremely loud just louder than stock (Versys stock sounds very similar in Db level as stocker FZ6 )
Looking more for tone.
Akrapovic has a conserved badass tone to it imo
Leo has a nice tone and nothing extremely loud
V&H is probably best looking of the three on my black Versys and i also like the tone Vs. range effect

Opinions? :D

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I was surprised the Akro has the most tepid sound of the 3 being compared.

VH sounds a tad too hooligan for my liking

LV seems like the best compromise between the 3.

Is price a factor?

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Price isnt a factor no. I'm going to buy something that will make me grin, not going to compromise on that :thumbup: I agree i am a little worried the VH is a little loud and look at me for my liking but it looks good and youtube vids are not usuallly a 100% good rep of a sound product.

I keep telling myself if i really don't like it i can always switch back to stock, but would like something that i only have to put on once lol.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
im gonna have to say vance and hines i really wish they made a cs one for the fz mmmmmmm

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the input guys! Keep em coming! Problem is the V isn't that common a bike, so finding clips on each is a nightmare lol.... would like to pull the trigger this week, so i can install this weekend and have her ready for the 2 week layoff i have coming up :thumbup:

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the look of the Leo under the bike. To me it just looks cool. It sounds nice too.

The Akrapovic had a nice sound too, but the video was from the drivers perspective.

I don't think you can go wrong with either one. The Vance & Hines was a little too loud for my taste. You might run the risk of drawing too much law enforcement attention to yourself.

Post your video when you get everything installed so we can see what you ended up with! :thumbup:

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the look of the Leo under the bike. To me it just looks cool. It sounds nice too.

The Akrapovic had a nice sound too, but the video was from the drivers perspective.

I don't think you can go wrong with either one. The Vance & Hines was a little too loud for my taste. You might run the risk of drawing too much law enforcement attention to yourself.

Post your video when you get everything installed so we can see what you ended up with! :thumbup:

I hear ya with the law enforcement...especially since i take rides on break at work (3rd shift) that tend to be thru town at 3am lol.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd have ordered the Leos by now but i can't find that model anywhere, just the oval cans. Wondering if they're designed for the pre 2010's....:(

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:BLAA:
I'd have ordered the Leos by now but i can't find that model anywhere, just the oval cans. Wondering if they're designed for the pre 2010's....:(

They just may not have them updated for the previous years.
I'm waiting to hear back from a company on a part that I'm almost certain is the same for my bike as the SV650....

Just checked Ron Ayers and the part is the same for my bike but that doesn't help you...But wait! Maybe it does! Go yo Ron Ayers.com and look up the exhaust for the year LV does provide and cross ref to your year and see if the exhaust parts are the same? If they'r the same with the same brackets I bet it's a go!:BLAA:

Last edited:

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
:BLAA:

They just may not have them updated for the previous years.
I'm waiting to hear back from a company on a part that I'm almost certain is the same for my bike as the SV650....

Just checked Ron Ayers and the part is the same for my bike but that doesn't help you...But wait! Maybe it does! Go yo Ron Ayers.com and look up the exhaust for the year LV does provide and cross ref to your year and see if the exhaust parts are the same? If they'r the same with the same brackets I bet it's a go!:BLAA:

Found it! they do make it for 2010+ but it doesn't come up in the google-machine unless you have "underbody" in the search :spank:

Also just got the insurance bill, Exhaust will have to wait a week it seems :rolleyes:
Still debating between the V&H and the leo.... theres another vid of a er6n (same engine, Versys was based on the ER6n) on a dyno test and it sounds better than just wailing on it in the driveway, see if i can find it...

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzUrN7kHcOo]Kawasaki ER-6n Vance&Hines CS1 slip-on dyno; stock vs modded - YouTube[/ame]
Ignore the rap music :thumbup:

I'm back at square one.... After a few more video reviews the underbody SBK leo is out... Oval can might still be in. IDK my gut says go with the Akrapovic... but my gut doesn't have ears :ban:
Like i said, i keep telling myself if i don't like it i can always toss the stock back on.