Need advice on exhaust!!! Leo's or 2Bros??

terrorstorm

Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking at 2 exhausts right now, all through private sellers.

1. Two Brothers Carbon Fiber with P1X db killers -$450
2. Leo Vince Titanium -$320

I'm not sure which one to get. The Leo's are cheaper, but they are also for a 2004 and my FZ6 is a 2007 so they might be a pain to get on. I reeeally like the look of the Two Bros carbon. But I've heard they are super loud (though it comes with db killers, do they do anything?) I don't want anything ridiculously loud, but I sure would love to hear that FZ6 purr! I've seen youtube videos of both, but you can't really judge until you hear them in person. The Two Bros are like new, with only 50 miles in them + the db killers. $450 is a good price, i think? what about the Leo's? They are cheaper... I think I'm getting a good deal on either one, but who knows, I'm new to this. Which one is a better deal? Which exhaust would you go with?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

By the way, I love this forum, everyone is so helpful. I just got my Red 07 FZ6 a few weeks ago, loving every minute of it! I check this forum everyday! Very cool stuff, glad to be a member.

terrorstorm

Reaction score
Visit site
What are you hoping to get out of a new exhaust?

Mostly a good sound/new look. I mean some HP would be nice. But I only just began riding in July. Bought a Ninja 250, had it for 3-4 weeks and sold it haha. Coming from a Ninja 250 to the FZ6 is a HUGE difference. I've got all the power I need, for now at least :D

Would I be able to sell the Two Bro's for more than I paid? say in a year or so...

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
This will probably ultimately turn into an "I love my (blank) exhaust!!" thread. You are looking at at least a $400 savings on the two brothers exhaust with the tips included. IMO the two brothers are the louder of the two. All aftermarket exhausts are going to be a huge increase over stock and take some getting used to. Are two brothers that much louder than the Leo's? I don't think so especially if you wind them both up. Worse comes to worse you could probably buy the 2bro's carbon and sell them for more than you paid for them assuming they have everything included.

scottfarm

Reaction score
Visit site
You would be better off taking your women to the beach for a weekend than waste it on that exhaust. Your bikes computer was mapped for the exact back pressure provided by the stock muffler. You may gain a hair on top end over 100MPH but you will loose much torque and roll on power. Your gas milage will go to ****. Your 1/4 mile time will be higher.

Last edited:

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
when i do my exhaust upgrade i will do either one of the two you mention. I'm leaning toward the two bro's because they fit the tail the best. I cant get past the look of cans sticking out past the tail another 3-4". I think the two bro's is the only one that fits as close as the stock pipes. Go with an upgrade in db killers to quiet her down. They sound similar, so go with fit if $$ isnt an issue. My 2 cents.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm partial to Two Bros. Those P1 tips are about a 2 db drop, not a lot. The 2Bros are loud but I don't find them obnoxious... they are very deep/richly toned.

BTW, my MPG didn't change one mpg at all with the exhaust change. Some of the claimed HP increase is merely from the weight reduction, a little from the reduced back pressure. The '07 bike has an O2 sensor and will adjust some to compensate for the change. It is recommended you undo the battery for 20 minutes to reset the ECU after installing the exhaust.

Either choice is good but the 2Bros is a steal. I paid nearly that for the single FZ1 can.

Hope this helps!

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
I would say the 2 bros. if for no other reason that you are getting a steal on them and if you don’t like you could sell them for probably a profit or a quick sale at the same price and try something else... (I have scorps on mine, so no favoritism here)

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
You would be better off taking your women to the beach for a weekend than waste it on that exhaust. Your bikes computer was mapped for the exact back pressure provided by the stock muffler. You may gain a hair on top end over 100MPH but you will loose much torque and roll on power. Your gas milage will go to ****. Your 1/4 mile time will be higher.

Ahhh, it's so nice to know that there's an opposing opinion out there. (lol). Terrorstorm: watch out, if you have a woman in the picture, she might insist on new diamond earrings after she sees what you bought.

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
This will probably ultimately turn into an "I love my (blank) exhaust!!" thread.

Of course it will.. I like Leos since they have the cat delete pipe and have very high build quality.
I still think exhaust should be one of the last things you buy. Safety and comfort gear should come first.

mercm3

newbie still dammit
Reaction score
Visit site
Seems like the 2 Bros are a better deal, I might be in minority but I like the leo's. I have scorps and they are loud enough for me I heard the leo's are louder and the 2 bros are even louder. I thought I read a thread somewhere here someone mentioned he had to be in the back of group rides because the 2 Bros were too loud for folks, for me thats too loud but that might not bother you.

You could though probably buy the 2 bros try it out if you don't like it sell it on fleabay for much more and buy the leo's for even less from your 2 bros money.

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Of course it will.. I like Leos since they have the cat delete pipe and have very high build quality.
I still think exhaust should be one of the last things you buy. Safety and comfort gear should come first.

Should have the safety gear before or for your first ride.
That being said an aftermarket exhaust is probably one of the biggest changes you will make to your bike. Its a different look, feel and sound. There are other upgrades that are more costly that will do more/make a difference for the bike performance wise, but seriously who really needs more performance from a FZ6. A nicer exhaust note... well thats worth paying for.

Then once its installed, you can take your missus on the back to the beach. Two birds one stone.
Also if the beach is charging several hundred $$$ for entry, its probably not worth bothering. That same price for a two bros is a bargain however!