Valencia - the decider...

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So after all this time and all the incidents it comes down to one race.

I just watched the video of the press conference today at Valencia and despite the smiles the tension is palpable.

Here are the permutations:

Marquez is of course the standings leader going into the final round with a 13 point advantage over reigning World Champion Lorenzo.

If Lorenzo wins the race then Marquez needs to finish fourth or better to become World Champion.

If Lorenzo finishes second then Marquez needs to finish eighth or better to become World Champion.

If Lorenzo finishes third then Marquez needs to finish 12th or better to become World Champion.

If Lorenzo finishes fourth then Marquez needs to finish 15th or better to become World Champion.

If Lorenzo does not finish in the top four then Marquez will automatically be World Champion, whatever his own result.

This has been such an up and down season, as JL said in a recent interview, he and DP crashed twice and broke collarbones, MM has crashed 10 times and broken a finger, which according to JL "is like breaking a nail, it is nothing"

As usual there are lots of "what ifs" in this season, most importantly what if JL and DP had not had their DNFs and injuries, it may have been a very different picture this weekend.

But, as I like to say, there is no remarks column on the trophy and despite my Yamaha affiliation I am rooting for MM to take the championship, if only because it would make my pre-season prediction come true!

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
And, it's time for Rossi and the other boys to contribute by stepping up their game! 4th, 5th and 6th isn't going to get it.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
994401_10151749941052335_1718605956_n.jpg

Karate.Snoopy

Reaction score
Visit site
And, it's time for Rossi and the other boys to contribute by stepping up their game! 4th, 5th and 6th isn't going to get it.

For the confused younger folks, try searching for the 2006 Portuguese Grand Prix in Estoril. Possibly the most entertaining race ever.Oh how the pendulum swings..

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Moto GP is by far the best racing in the world. :cheer:

F1 is all about one car for the past four years, and it looks like the Red Bull will denominate again next year.:( I'm so done with F1.

Sunday will be great. I think MM will put on a show for the world to see.:thumbup:

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Do the publishers of Motocourse know something we don't?

I bought this book religiously for a long time and the cover always featured the premier class world champion. Here is the latest issue...