USD front end!

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Bored at work and surfing the web,I came across this,from some Japanese site.Sorry folks it had no info on it at all,just the picture,but it's the first USD FZ I've seen so I thought I'd stick it up.

dsc00290jr4.jpg

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
USD forks, petal discs, radially mounted brakes, sexy front fender, interesting crash bars, kinky little master cylinder, braided lines and a cool shade of blue to boot! Very nice!

And it is a 2004/5, check the swingarm, subframe and clocks ;)

Last edited:

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
All the ones on the site had those crash bars,so I'm wondering if they're a standard fit on JDM bikes or its a Japanese aftermarket part.

Not sure what the front end is off.Late Gixer maybe?

Speedygonzales

Reaction score
Visit site
Front end is from an R6 or older R1 (2004 model).

Master Cilinder is probably the RCS 19 from brembo, which I have one lying around the room ready to instal with my FZ1 calipers :D.

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
There is a member on here who did the USD conversion. I believe it was one of our Australian members. It is far from a bolt-on conversion. I would think that one is a 2006, 04 and 05 had silver frames.

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
I would think that one is a 2006, 04 and 05 had silver frames.

that'd be my guess as well. it's the only year that shared the swingarm and subframe of the 04/05 but had a black frame. that year is the easiest to spot. that and the 04 silver and the 05 silver. 05 silver bikes have a darker silver on the tanks than the 04's.

it is a nice bike.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
that'd be my guess as well. it's the only year that shared the swingarm and subframe of the 04/05 but had a black frame. that year is the easiest to spot. that and the 04 silver and the 05 silver. 05 silver bikes have a darker silver on the tanks than the 04's.

it is a nice bike.

actually, that info only holds true for US market bikes. Bikes from other countries had a mix match of frame, engine, and wheel colors depending on the year.

Skeezix

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow! What an awesome bike. If the current FZ6 had some of these upgrades and a USD fork, I'd already own one!

Discofrank

Reaction score
Visit site
mm all it would take is getting the measurements in CAD format for those custom tripples and gettign a machine shop to make about 50 sets and away you go :)

wonder if the r1 wheel/rim is the same as ours for the caliper spacing?

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
actually, that info only holds true for US market bikes. Bikes from other countries had a mix match of frame, engine, and wheel colors depending on the year.

i have seen 09's in europe that had silver frames and black engines. but they still had the 07+ subframe and rear swingarm. not saying that it didn't happen, but i've never seen a year other than the 06 that has the "2x4" swingarm, subframe with permanently attached passenger pegs and have it all painted black.

again, not saying this hasn't happened, but i also haven't knowingly seen any silver fz6's other than the stock 04's and 05's... and they have been the same color as the US models.

one thing have have seen that looks real nice is in europe they had and 04 or 05 with a silver frame and engine but black body work. that's a nice looking bike. too bad we didn't get that over here.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
i have seen 09's in europe that had silver frames and black engines. but they still had the 07+ subframe and rear swingarm. not saying that it didn't happen, but i've never seen a year other than the 06 that has the "2x4" swingarm, subframe with permanently attached passenger pegs and have it all painted black.

again, not saying this hasn't happened, but i also haven't knowingly seen any silver fz6's other than the stock 04's and 05's... and they have been the same color as the US models.

one thing have have seen that looks real nice is in europe they had and 04 or 05 with a silver frame and engine but black body work. that's a nice looking bike. too bad we didn't get that over here.

agreed it is 2004-2006 design. I know here we didn't get anything but silver frames and engines in 2004-2005 and all black frame/engine for 2006, but can someone confirm this was the same globally? I know in other parts of the world, as dean mentions, there is a mix match.