USD front end!

I prefer that one:

2501806053_2ffab7dd9b_o.jpg

It's interesting that for both of the bikes with the USD conversion the left the '04-'06 swingarm on. It is so simple to change out to the '07-'10 that I'm surprised they haven't done it yet. Otherwise both look great. As good as the R6 fork conversion is I think the USD fork is the missing link for making the FZ6 really shine.

Thanks for posting the photos guys. :thumbup:

I wonder if the R6 triples would fit with a machined stem.

Its a common mod for XR600's/650's in the off road world,to just machine up a stem and fit much later USD's off KTM's CR's etc,using whatever donor bikes triples.
The only fly in the ointment would be if the stops didn't match up,but thats a relatively easy get around.

Last edited:
need to think about the offset as well for the brake discs and calipers

as long as u keep the centres the same it be fine

then again i think the r1 and r1 and fz6 rim are all the same

i've been working on a gsxr front end for a little bit now (lost motivation shortly after starting) but all that should be needed is a new steering stem machined, i have r1 triple tree's and the steering stems are not the same diameter. for those looking to have a set of clamps machined

http://www.munzmachine.com/customtripleclampsorderform/

i am thinking of having this guy cut me a set for my gsxr front end

yessir some of the charges are total bull snot lol... i would wanna just do it my self but i dont have a mill nor do i have access to one :(

it cant be that simple can it?

fz1 tripple.....

Yes, it is!
...only you need to fabricate in addition one piece to support the key lock in position as on the fz6 so you can also lock the bike.
Also after you need to fabricate support for the handlebar on upper triple...This bike is not mine but I was very interested in this conversion at the time...

Back