Up close with an FZ8 today....

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
wow.. those mods you have mentioned are excellent especially if intending to bring it for some fun on the tracks.

On my FZ6, those are things I would have wanted upgraded and others did do themselves. I also opted on my new bike, the triumph Street Triple, to opt for the $800 option of the R model which does come with these options and a better seat and better paint job. Well worth the money in my opinion.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
I stopped by Western Powersports in Langley, BC this afternoon, and they had a nice black nekkid FZ8. As luck would have it, it was parked right beside an 07 FZ6, so you can get a nice comparison of the two.
I sat on the FZ8 and it feels just a tad higher in the saddle than the FZ6, but there's no appreciable "felt" weight difference at all...they seem to have kept the centre of gravity quite low. Taken on my cell phone, so not the best quality or angles.

FZ8andFZ6.jpg

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The one pic of the bike next to the red FZ1... well, you can tell they TOTALLY re-used the FZ1 to create the FZ8.... that apple didn't fall far from the tree AT ALL!

Nice rides! It will be interesting to see if the US gets them in Sept, typically when they announce the US lineup for the next model year.

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
The one pic of the bike next to the red FZ1... well, you can tell they TOTALLY re-used the FZ1 to create the FZ8.... that apple didn't fall far from the tree AT ALL!

Nice rides! It will be interesting to see if the US gets them in Sept, typically when they announce the US lineup for the next model year.

That's my thought. I'd love that headlight on a FZ1. :Flash:

Sparky10

Reaction score
Visit site
The naked looks good. But I do not like the fairing on the faired version. It just seems to big and bulky. The fairing on the FZ6 just seems to fit the bike better than that of the FZ8.

joe1971

Reaction score
Visit site
Just bring a few to the States...... that's all I ask...... no fairing; just the meat of the matter, please.

I live just south of the Canadian border, maybe a future trip to Regina, Calgary, Medicine Hat might be necessary:D

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
I live just south of the Canadian border, maybe a future trip to Regina, Calgary, Medicine Hat might be necessary:D

If you head up there, I'd be looking at all the Euro spec machines that aren't brought into the US..... there's a lot of models that don't 'make the cut' in CONUS.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I stopped by Western Powersports in Langley, BC this afternoon, and they had a nice black nekkid FZ8. As luck would have it, it was parked right beside an 07 FZ6, so you can get a nice comparison of the two.
I sat on the FZ8 and it feels just a tad higher in the saddle than the FZ6, but there's no appreciable "felt" weight difference at all...they seem to have kept the centre of gravity quite low. Taken on my cell phone, so not the best quality or angles.

FZ8andFZ6.jpg

What were they thinking with that black side can :spank: :spank: Its simply horrific

BH322893

Pastry Chef
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.HarpersBakery.net
I'm trying to find a cost to get the headlight assembly, here's what the dealer sent me "Some of the parts are available already. I need to know exactly what you want, as the headlight and all of the parts surrounding it do not come as one package."

Does anyone know where I can find the parts diagram or even just a rough guess of parts list?

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Posted a full description the the FZ8 forum, I scooped a few more pics, this time on the nakid FZ8 at Alberta Cycle here in Edmonton. I was told E&S in Ft. Saskatchewan has a nakid on the floor as well. Enjoy :thumbup:

attachment.php

:D