Not open for further replies.

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Uk Meet 11th Oct 2008

Lol ... that made me chuckle

What about we look at alternative dates ... Seems like a bad weekend for most...

Post your available dates later in the year and we'll try and come up with something suitable..

Cheers JC

Anytime apart;) from that Sunday or after the 28th

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site

Just been told that I have a Level 42 Concert on the 12th at Symphony Hall in Brum. Been looking forward to it for months.:eek:

Level 42? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:ban:

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Level 42? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:ban:

Oh yes, yes, yes.:thumbup:

:wav::wav:

Numpty

Reaction score
Visit site

Its the daughters 16th birthday on the 11th so that counts me out guys but i would be very interested in catching up again tho. :D

FZ6S2-Gixer

Reaction score
Visit site

Hi All,

Be good to meet up, not too many things in my diary that far out in the year so happy to go with the majority.

Ian

wodger

Reaction score
Visit site

As long as you dont mind a noob tagging along I would like to join you.

I pick up my first bike, an FZ6, on 1st July (out of the country until then) and look forward to meeting & seeing others and sharing your experiences.

I can be free pretty much any time after end of September.

Warren

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

last week I heard that in October I'm going on a training course in the UK, either from the 6th through to the 10th (the most likely date) or the 13th through to the 17th. It will be in Reading (well very near to). There are more people from my section going on the same course which generally means that we all have to (generally) travel in the same way, well that's the way they work at my company. Anyway I asked my boss if it would be possible for me to take the bike, his initial reaction was no, but later he said he could see what he could do, but it would mean he would have to take the matter to his (big) boss. Anyway I asked him to wait for now.

I was wondering if (and that's a big if) I bring the bike would anyone want to come for a ride.

I had a chat with Ton (Thulst) yesterday (during our own trip) who actually pointed out that you guys (from the UK) were planning a trip on the 11th of October, which would have been Ideal for me (as the 2 possible dates of the course were just before and just after that weekend).

While reading this post I realised that most people can't make it on that weekend, so I was wondering if anyone fancied going for a ride the weekend before (the 4th or 5th (as the first date I mentioned was 99% sure)) if I'm allowed to take the bike.

Ground control (the missus) has granted me clearance, I will know the dates of the course for sure this coming week, but shortly after I will have to pester my boss to try and get a clearance to travel seperately on my bike and to finalize the dates (and route) of travel.

Basically I would love to go riding with some of you guys, but I don't in anyway expect you to adjust the dates of the meet for me, I'm in total agreement of majority rules, but if anyone fancies a (possible) ride around this time please let me know (soon).

Sorry for being so vague, maybe I should have started a new thread or left a message in the social group, as this may otherwise confuse things but I'll leave this to Nelly's discretion.

I PM'ed Nelly who agreed to go for a drink, so whatever happens it's a win win situation :iconbeer::iconbeer::iconbeer:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

last week I heard that in October I'm going on a training course in the UK, either from the 6th through to the 10th (the most likely date) or the 13th through to the 17th. It will be in Reading (well very near to). There are more people from my section going on the same course which generally means that we all have to (generally) travel in the same way, well that's the way they work at my company. Anyway I asked my boss if it would be possible for me to take the bike, his initial reaction was no, but later he said he could see what he could do, but it would mean he would have to take the matter to his (big) boss. Anyway I asked him to wait for now.

I was wondering if (and that's a big if) I bring the bike would anyone want to come for a ride.

I had a chat with Ton (Thulst) yesterday (during our own trip) who actually pointed out that you guys (from the UK) were planning a trip on the 11th of October, which would have been Ideal for me (as the 2 possible dates of the course were just before and just after that weekend).

While reading this post I realised that most people can't make it on that weekend, so I was wondering if anyone fancied going for a ride the weekend before (the 4th or 5th (as the first date I mentioned was 99% sure)) if I'm allowed to take the bike.

Ground control (the missus) has granted me clearance, I will know the dates of the course for sure this coming week, but shortly after I will have to pester my boss to try and get a clearance to travel seperately on my bike and to finalize the dates (and route) of travel.

Basically I would love to go riding with some of you guys, but I don't in anyway expect you to adjust the dates of the meet for me, I'm in total agreement of majority rules, but if anyone fancies a (possible) ride around this time please let me know (soon).

Sorry for being so vague, maybe I should have started a new thread or left a message in the social group, as this may otherwise confuse things but I'll leave this to Nelly's discretion.

I PM'ed Nelly who agreed to go for a drink, so whatever happens it's a win win situation :iconbeer::iconbeer::iconbeer:
I think the 11th was muted as Jonac is back from his tour of duty that weekend.
Martin, I am happy to fit in with everyone. As mentioned we will meet up regardless. I would really like to meet nooj and his merry band of FZ6rs to.

Nelly

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

It would seem that the weekend of the 11th is not agreeable to most of you guys.

Jonna , can you do the weekend before?

I am more than happy to fit with everyone, I would really like to meet up with Jonac and the guys from the leamington run again but, we will have to go with the majority. my wife is back to work now so I will need to book off the time very soon.
Actually before I get all worried by trying to accommodate everyone; Cloggy you have to confirm whether you can get permission to ride from your boss. If you get the OK we will do a poll and go with the majority decision. Now thats democracy......................
Nelly

Last edited:

FZ-Dave

Reaction score
Visit site

Hey Cloggy,

Which training course are you attending, and who with? It might actually be my company you are training with!

I live really close to Reading and would be around that weekend, so would be happy to meet up with you and Nelly (plus anyone else who fancied it) for a little ride and maybe a pub lunch?

There are loads of great roads around here and maybe some of the best pubs in the UK within riding distance of Reading.

Dave

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com

Right. So where are we on this now?

October 4/5 - could be a possibility for Cloggy if he comes over early
Oct 11/12 - pretty much out for lots of people
Oct 18/19 - could also be a possibility for Cloggy if he's around
Oct 25/26 - no one has mentioned anything so could be ok

I'm free any of these dates at the moment, so I'm flexible. Personally, I'd prefer to go for the 4/5 if we can and most can make it.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Hey Cloggy,

Which training course are you attending, and who with? It might actually be my company you are training with!

I live really close to Reading and would be around that weekend, so would be happy to meet up with you and Nelly (plus anyone else who fancied it) for a little ride and maybe a pub lunch?

There are loads of great roads around here and maybe some of the best pubs in the UK within riding distance of Reading.

Dave

The course is with Agilent (formally HP test and measuring) in Winnersh, they're going to be showing us how to calibrate their newest high frequency and microwave equipment.

Cheers Dave, It would be great to meet up for a ride :thumbup:, a mate of mine lived in Reading years ago now, but I remember going to several cracking pubs, all just outside the town.

I just got the go ahead on the travel expenses, just waiting for the course date to be finalised (this is dependant on when the bill is paid by the financial guys)

Martin

Last edited:

FZ-Dave

Reaction score
Visit site

Doorag - At the moment I'm free any of those dates

Cloggy - Not my company then but Agilent have some cool lookin offices if they're the ones I'm thinking of.

Let us know the date of your course. If it fits with the big UK meet then great, we can head to wherever it is were meeting in convoy.

If not then I'm sure Nelly can recommend some good rides & pubs and I can show you some cool roads down in Hampshire.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Doorag - At the moment I'm free any of those dates

Cloggy - Not my company then but Agilent have some cool lookin offices if they're the ones I'm thinking of.

Let us know the date of your course. If it fits with the big UK meet then great, we can head to wherever it is were meeting in convoy.

If not then I'm sure Nelly can recommend some good rides & pubs and I can show you some cool roads down in Hampshire.

That sounds great, this makes it worth bringing the bike whatever happens

So what company do you work for Dave, (PM me if you don't want it public).

Cheers

Martin

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Hang on a minute Mr Cloggy, your boss is paying for you to ride your bike?
:cheer:

We look forward to seeing you mate. Please lets sort the dates asap, are you saying 4th - 5th October?

Nelly

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Hang on a minute Mr Cloggy, your boss is paying for you to ride your bike?
:cheer:

We look forward to seeing you mate. Please lets sort the dates asap, are you saying 4th - 5th October?

Nelly

Yes :steve: he will pay for petrol and ferry/tunnel fare to the Hotel in reading, this opposed to flying into Heathrow and getting a cab and train.

I still don't know the definate date, we should be getting confirmation this week. They applied for the course dates for 6th October, and if this was full 13th October, but we only get a confirmation from the company when all the bills are paid. sorry to be messing you around but I should know soon.

Cheers Martin

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Right. So where are we on this now?

October 4/5 - could be a possibility for Cloggy if he comes over early
Oct 11/12 - pretty much out for lots of people
Oct 18/19 - could also be a possibility for Cloggy if he's around
Oct 25/26 - no one has mentioned anything so could be ok

I'm free any of these dates at the moment, so I'm flexible. Personally, I'd prefer to go for the 4/5 if we can and most can make it.

October 4/5 - :D
Oct 11/12 - - Working.:(
Oct 18/19 - :D
Oct 25/26 - - Working.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.