UGH the frame keeps stealing my bolts..

ChaosCrayons

Reaction score
Visit site
So far I have lost half of the bolts that hold the battery cover down and now one of the small aluminum (I think its Al) squares that allows the bolt that holds down the negative lead to bite. Anyone know how I can identify these bolts and where I can get them replaced? As for the negative lead should I avoid riding the bike until it is replaced or do you guys think it is still safe?

QuietEagle

Lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
It looks like bolt 23 is for the battery cover, but is not listed for sale. If 22 is the same, you can order that...

Ronayers.com Microfiche Yamaha>Motorcycle>2008>FZ6>FRAME

5 is the lead, but if I remember correctly, the nut plate is part of the battery, so it is not even listed as you would have to buy the battery to replace it. It may be possible to purchase a nut that could fit in the opening so you could torque it down. Maybe you could put a bolt in the hole upside down as well and put a nut on the top of the battery...

Ronayers.com Microfiche Yamaha>Motorcycle>2008>FZ6>ELECTRICAL 2

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So far I have lost half of the bolts that hold the battery cover down and now one of the small aluminum (I think its Al) squares that allows the bolt that holds down the negative lead to bite. Anyone know how I can identify these bolts and where I can get them replaced? As for the negative lead should I avoid riding the bike until it is replaced or do you guys think it is still safe?

The square nut is probably lead...

If you go to your local motorcycle shop, some one will have one laying about... The bolt and nut comes with most new batteries.

You can also pick up another battery box hold down nut at most hardware stores (unless it has a shoulder on it). Bring the other bolt to match it up.

Maybe get some locktite too.....

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
Batteries Plus has helped me out a few times with giving me new battery bolts and nuts for free. I would walk in and ask them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jmnielsen

Reaction score
Visit site
Batteries Plus has helped me out a few times with giving me new battery bolts and nuts for free. I would walk in and ask them

Im sure any battery store will have extras laying around. I work at an interstate battery and we have a ton.

BH322893

Pastry Chef
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.HarpersBakery.net
I just replaced my battery and got an additional set, makes me think most places that sell bike batteries would have spares just laying around.

I know the feeling of having the bike eat them, it used to happen to me all the time til I bought a telescoping magnet from Lowes. They are cheap and I keep mine right in my bike toolkit so I always know where it is. I thoroughly recommend picking one up.

images

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
You think the bikes bad my Sea-Doo eats them for breakfast. I have never found a bolt or nut I've dropped in there even with my magnet wand. Such a PITA.

phranK2k11

Chat Camper :)
Reaction score
Visit site
So far noting lost forever in my FZ plenty on other cars/trucks so I knew exactly what this thread was about by the name alone. Don't you hate it when the dropped bolt/nut is in sight but just outta reach and you cant find your handy dandy magnet wand even after dumping your toolbox on the floor and then putting it all back in piece by piece!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
As for the negative lead should I avoid riding the bike until it is replaced or do you guys think it is still safe?

Uhhh....:eek: You need to have the negative and positive leads secured to the battery terminals. Don not go any where with them loose...:D