U identified object...

Jeff

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone.

First post here and this site looks cool,lots of useful info!!

I just have a quick question, regarding an identity crisis....

What's the name/identity of the White spacer/white insert inside the stanchion? Im currently getting a fz600 05 plate project back together for its mot (my first big bike), and noticed that one of these inserts/ circles things is cracked, as shown in picture... Any helpers out there?

Really appreciate any feedback and can't wait to get the before and after pictures of the bike up on here to show u all... It's only covered 10k!!! But was a bit...derilect....anyway, thanks again.

Jeff

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to our great family Jeff!:rockon:

Here is a link that I hope will help. 2004 Yamaha FZ6 (FZ600SS) Front Fork | Ron Ayers You say your bike is the FZ600 and I think the FZ6 manufactured in 04 was also called the FZ600. That's what I looked up.
See if you see the part you're looking for and let us know. :)

Last edited:

Jeff

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Unidentified object...

Hey guys,sorry for the delay getting back here on this..thanks for the reply motogiro!

Ok, I stumbled across this site https://www.yamahamotorcyclespares.co.uk/genuineparts/9654/26/yamaha fzs 600 fazer/front fork?uID=0

It would appear that "bit" I can see was actually what was left of the spindle taper....im guessing the taper holds the spindle in a more secure "square/even" position...

Anyways, im actually if to scroll through the forums and posts,to see what is a better fork/upgrade for it..

Awesome site guys and galsBlah

Jeff

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Unidentified object...

Hey guys,sorry for the delay getting back here on this..thanks for the reply motogiro!

Ok, I stumbled across this site https://www.yamahamotorcyclespares.co.uk/genuineparts/9654/26/yamaha fzs 600 fazer/front fork?uID=0

It would appear that "bit" I can see was actually what was left of the spindle taper....im guessing the taper holds the spindle in a more secure "square/even" position...

Anyways, im actually if to scroll through the forums and posts,to see what is a better fork/upgrade for it..

Awesome site guys and galsBlah

(Although now im actually drinking coffee and waking up, the taper is aluminium" it's going to be a long night lmao